xvii

"it's not his fault."

"well, it's not jimin's either."

"taehyung, my best friend has not moved, spoken, or done anything since he called me to come pick him up. he's curled up into a ball and refused to eat or drink anything."

"and my best friend has been crying for the past two hours because jeongguk lied to him."

"jimin overreacted."

"he had every right to, it was a violation of trust."

"but jung is jeongguk and jeongguk is jung, they're one in the same. why can he trust one but not the other?"

"that's not how it works, chinsun."

neither of them spoke for a few moments.

"i'm not going to talk to you if you're being stubborn like this."

"well, we'll never get anywhere then if you keep avoiding confrontation like a coward."

"you're being an asshole."

chinsun's voice faded away as she left the living room, gently shutting the door to her room as she continued to argue with tae. jeongguk watched her go with empty eyes, too emotionally drained to protest.

"sunnie, i'm home."

he looked up as chinsun's roommate walked in, dropping her backpack on the counter. her face paled as soon as she saw jeongguk wrapped up in blankets on their couch.

"jeongguk? are you okay?"

she rushed over to him, worry reflecting in her eyes.

"what happened? where's chinsun?"

the older followed his gaze to chinsun's room and immediately headed over, rapping her hand against the doorframe. the door swung open as the other girl stormed out, tears pricking in her eyes.

"-and i'm sorry you wish i would be fired!"

she hung up and collapsed onto her knees, hands over her mouth as she tried to stop her tears from falling. her phone fell to the ground next to her but she ignored it.

"chinsun! what happened?"

chinsun sniffled and blinked back the water welling in her eyes.

"i'm fine," she whispered, swaying as she rose to her feet. "jeongguk is more important right now."

she hugged him tight, whispering soothing words into his ear, telling him everything would be okay.

"ada, can you take my phone and text yoongi? tell him that jeongguk needs to take a sick day tomorrow, and i'm going to care for him."

said girl nodded and picked up chinsun's phone, biting her lip when she saw a picture of her and bangtan as her wallpaper.

"chinsun, are you sure you're... was that tae you were on the phone with? you two have always been good friends, what happened?"

she didn't respond, squeezing her eyes shut. that was enough of an answer for ada. with a sigh, she found yoongi's number and messaged him what chinsun had requested.

"it's pretty late and i have class tomorrow, i'm going to go to sleep. i may not be as close to jeongguk as you are, but he's still my friend. i'm here for him. for both of you."

"thank you."

chinsun smiled weakly at her friend.

"sleep well."

after ada closed the door to her room, everything was quiet for a few minutes. but then jeongguk spoke.

"i'm sorry."

neither of them had expected that he'd talk, his sudden words surprising both of them.

"for what?"

"for causing problems between you and v-hyung."

chinsun shook her head sadly.

"it's not your fault, guk. it was bound to happen soon. even though we're friends, we fight sometimes. he's protective of jimin-oppa, and i'm protective of you."

"but can't you just apologize and work it out? you guys love each other, i know you're both close."

she shook her head again.

"i do love him, he's always been there for me. he's a really good friend, and i'm grateful for him."

clearing her throat, she banished all thoughts of taehyung to the back of her mind.

"but this isn't about me. it's about you."

jeongguk stiffened for a moment. he sighed.

"noona... what did i do wrong?"

he started crying again, for the nth time that night.

"why did i do what i did? why wasn't i honest? what the hell is wrong with me!?" he sobbed, wrapping his arms around himself. chinsun couldn't help but start crying too at the sight of her best friend breaking apart.

"i don't know, guk. i really don't know."

a / n

ada = TINYMINNIES

SURPRISE ADA! 🎉

you finished fanboy today so i decided to put you in tweet cause why tf not ☺️

there four chapters left of tweet (plus the epilogue), i hope you're all ready for the ending

fun fact : originally, yoongi was going to be the admin of 'mochiminie' to add drama and tension to jikook's relationship, but i decided that it wouldn't make sense and scrapped the idea :)