bonus. v

bonus chapter five

"hey, jk!" seokjin called. "come help me with the groceries. put your muscles to use for once."

with a loud sigh, jeongguk exited out of his match.

"hyung, you're lucky that i wasn't playing a competitive match. i wouldn't have left if i had, but now my team only has one support and we were barely winning."

the older patted him on the head.

"i have no idea what anything you just said means. now bring in the rest of the bags while i unpack these."

jeongguk groaned but complied, cursing under his breath. seokjin turned to jimin (who was sitting at the kitchen table) and sighed.

"aish, that boy. every time i see him, he's playing that ovalcrotch game."

"hyung, it's called overwatch."

"potato, potatoh. jimin-ah, come put this stuff away. i'm going to start making dinner since it's going to take a while to prepare and cook. leave out the onions and scallions."

the two had decided to try something different for jeongguk's twenty-third birthday. instead of taking the boy out to a fancy dinner, they'd decided to cook all his favorite foods and spend the night playing games together and all around having fun. taehyung had been tasked with distracting jeongguk ( jimin couldn't help but wonder where he were and why he wasn't doing said responsibility ), the rap line needed to find games to play, and seokjin and jimin were on cooking duty ( but if he was being honest, seokjin was cooking and jimin was watching ).

speaking of his best friend, tae burst through the door with a giant box in his hands. jeongguk looked at him questioningly as he dropped the groceries off.

"maknae!" he screamed, startling everyone else in the room. "you got a package!"

jeongguk cocked his head to the side, confused.

"but i don't think i've ordered anything."

taehyung didn't listen and proceeded to shove the box into jeongguk's hands. jimin's eyes widened as his muscles visibly flexed under the weight.

"holy shit, what the hell is in this? and how did you carry it so easily!?"

the other vocalist shrugged.

"aw, are you getting weaker, jeonggukkie? haven't been going to the gym as much?"

"shut up," he grumbled as he took the box to his room. taehyung followed close behind. seokjin and jimin watched them until they disappeared from view. a few seconds later, they heard the sound of a door slamming shut, something heavy being dragged, and maniacal laugher.

"well... that'll certainly distract him," the eldest muttered, grabbing an onion and beginning to chop it. jimin laughed as the sound of jeongguk's furious screams and taehyung's taunts drifted to the kitchen.

"taetae's really something, isn't he..."

"that's our v."

jimin erupted into a fit of giggles again as seokjin imitated his best friend, flashing a peace sign over his face.

"please, my stomach hurts, i'm laughing so much."

after a few moments, they lapses into a comfortable silence, occupied by the sound of the knife hitting the cutting board, and water filling a pan.

"so," jin asked, wiggling his eyebrows, "have you prepared a birthday present for jeongguk? if you didn't, you can always offer yourself. he'd definitely love that."

jimin flushed and looked at his feet.

"don't be ridiculous, hyung. we were together briefly years ago. he probably doesn't feel the same anymore."

"'oh, jimin,'" seokjin imitated, deepening his voice. "'i'll love and wait for you forever. you're the only one for me. ah, baby, the noises you make-'"

he squealed in embarrassment and buried his head in his hands.

"ah, hyung, i get it! just stop, it was embarrassing enough the next morning when you all started bombarding us."

the taller laughed.

"aish, okay."

his face suddenly turned serious.

"but seriously, jimin-ah, you should confess. that boy is completely whipped for you. from the moment you two met, to now, the only one he's been interested in is you. he loves you. he really does."

jimin flushed and avoided seokjin's gaze.

"i know," he said quietly. "i know he does. i was actually planning on it tonight. i think i'm finally ready to be with him again."

the eldest's eyes lit up.

"you were?!"

he nodded shyly, a faint dust of pink painted on his cheeks.

"i love him."

seokjin smiled at him tenderly and patted his head.

"i hope everything goes well. you know what? i'll finish cooking. you prepare for your confession."

and that's how jimin found himself standing in front jeongguk's door a few hours later, heart pounding in his chest. hesitantly, he knocked, rocking back and forth on the balls of his feet. the maknae opened the door, eyes lighting up at the sight of his small hyung.

"jiminie-hyung! come in."

jimin's gaze flitted to jeongguk's desktop, currently on the home screen of overwatch. nostalgia washed over him as the memory of his first confession flashed through his mind.

"jeongukkie."

he turned to him, eyes bright. jimin's heart swelled at the love in jeongguk's eyes. he took the taller's hands and squeezed them.

"jeongguk, you've waited for me to be ready to be with you for a long time. you've been so patient and caring with me, never pushing me to do anything i wasn't comfortable with. you're everything i've ever wanted. kind, understanding, funny, handsome..."

jimin trailed off and took a deep breath.

"i love you. will you be my boyfriend?"

jeongguk just stared at him in shock for a few moments before a giant smile broke out on his face.

"yes, oh my god, jiminie, yes!"

he immediately cupped jimin's face in his hands and pressed a soft kiss against his mouth. when he pulled away, he was smiling tenderly at his hyung. jimin blushed.

"you always look at me like that," he said quietly.

jeongguk cocked his head to the side.

"like what?"

"like i'm your sun, your moon, your stars. like i'm the only one you see, like you've never loved anyone as much as you love me."

he smiled softly.

"because you are. park jimin, you're my everything, and i love you more than life itself."

a / n

after a million years, i finally finished the last bonus chapter uwu