xviii

mochiminie

mochiminie : it's time for me to come clean

mochiminie : it's time for me to come clean. recently, something happened between me and the one i love because i wasn't being honest with him. today, i'm going to start telling the truth. my name is jeon jeongguk. i'm the youngest member of bts, and i am in love with park jimin. there are some of you who will think i'm lying, but some who won't. believe what you will. i'm done hiding.
712k retweets, 758k likes, 105k comments

kookmination
i'm proud of you, guk, i know this wasn't easy for you

mochiminie
thank you chinsun-noona @kookmination❣️

gaymochi
CHINSUN?! AS IN MY ROOMMATE CHINSUN?! @kookmination

kookmination
hey ada :) @gaymochi

gaymochi
YOU HAVE A LOT OF EXPLAINING TO DO AFTER I GET HOME FROM CLASS @kookmination

seokjin.blossom
WAIT WAIT

seokjin.blossom
SO WE'VE BEEN FRIENDS WITH JEONGGUK THIS WHOLE TIME!? @HobiGoesHard @RapMonO

RapMonO
i think i'm going to pass out @seokjin.blossom

seulgaykang
guys i think he's being honest i've never seen this selca anywhere before

yoongaymin
AM I DREAMING

chinsunnie
nope @yoongaymin

ipurpletae
GUYS THAT WAS ACTUALLY CHINSUN NOT JUST AN ACCOUNT WITH A SIMILAR NAME

jikook.life
WOW SO WE'VE
1) BEEN FRIENDS WITH JEONGGUK
2) FOUND OUT HE LOVES JIMIN

zicoconut
holy fucking shit.

zicoconut
bUT WAIT WHAT IF MIN IS JIMIN

jjkosmos
OMF @zicoconut

HobiGoesHard
THIS SHIT IS WILD

"guk."

jeongguk tore his gaze away from the comment section of his tweet, the response having been instantaneous. chinsun was smiling at him warmly, pride reflecting in her eyes.

"i'm proud of you. that was a hard thing to do."

"it was the right one though."

she hummed in agreement.

"so what now? we were both actually given the next two days off. we could play overwatch, or even go back home to busan, even though it might take a while."

"i want you to make up with v-hyung."

chinsun shook her head.

"i don't think that's a good idea."

"noona, please. i hate seeing you sad. i know you two had a bad fight, but you can't let that get between your friendship. what about you and namjoon-hyung? i remember one time you two wouldn't speak to each other for weeks, but you managed to overcome that."

she was silent for a few moments. jeongguk couldn't tell if she was gathering her thoughts or ignoring the question.

"i'm scared," chinsun finally admitted, letting her ash-gray hair cover her eyes. "scared to face him. he told me he wished i didn't work with you guys, guk. i know we were both angry, but what if he meant it? you guys mean everything to me, i've been with you since you debuted. if he really thinks i'm that awful it would break my heart."

"noona, he doesn't mean it. like you said, you were both angry. he was just being a dick, i'm sure he's torn up about it."

"but that's where you're wrong, jeongguk. don't you remember when i worked at jyp for a bit?" she smiled sadly at her best friend.

"but v-hyung is different! those other guys were sexist assholes, and i'm glad they disbanded! you two have shared so many memories together, both good and bad. don't you think that's worth something?"

chinsun opened her mouth but jeongguk kept going.

"you've known him for over five years, if he was lying about your friendship this whole time you'd know!" jeongguk whined, stomping his foot on the ground. "just apologize to him and hug him, or whatever it is straight people do after arguing. and if you won't, then i'll make him come to us!"

she suddenly laughed, confusing jeongguk.

"you're acting like a child right now."

indignant, he was prepared to comment something in retaliation when she spoke again.

"but then again, i've been acting like a child all this time."

she sat, leaning back against the headboard.

"what the hell am i doing? you're right, guk. i've been so stupid. just because that happened once doesn't mean it'll happen again. god," chinsun groaned, burying her face in her hands. "now he hates me. i've really fucked up this time."

"he could never hate you."

"guk, he told me he wished i was fired. those aren't words you say to someone you don't hate."

"neither of you were thinking straight. you were both upset because someone you care about was hurt and he just happened to take his frustrations out on you."

chinsun was silent.

"he doesn't hate you," jeongguk repeated.

a few moments of silence passed.

and then chinsun laughed weakly.

"who are you and what did you do with the crying mess from yesterday?" she smiled, leaning back. "you went from not speaking to giving out advice left and right."

jeongguk shrugged and played with the hem of the blanket he was wrapped in.

"someone helped me realize that i need to be honest with myself if i want to accept what happened. it still hurts, and it'll burn like a bitch next time i see jimin, but i understand now. and i'm going to learn from my mistakes so i never have to make jimin cry again."

"you're a good person, jeongguk. it takes a lot of strength to acknowledge your faults."

he laughed, a bitter tone that pierced the heart.

"yet still not good enough to be with the one i love."

a / n

i'm half asleep as i write this so idk what i just published, i apologize if it's actual shit since i won't be awake enough to check this until like seven am tomorrow