jimin sat on the dock, watching the waves crash against the shore. a gentle breeze caressed his face, and the moonlight reflected off the diamond on his finger. he closed his eyes, enjoying busan's beautiful night.

"you're out here again?"

he didn't turn to face him, keeping his eyes trained on the ocean.

"mhm. calms my mind. makes me wonder."

his companion sat down next to him, slinging an arm around his shoulder.

"about what, babe?"

"what would've happened if i hadn't let myself love you?"

they sat in silence for a few moments.

"there's no scenario in which that would happen," he said finally. "we were meant to be together. the other members knows it, the fans know it, hell, even the universe knows it."

jimin felt his heart beat faster as the distance between their lips closed. the kiss was short and sweet, but he loved everything about it.

"i love you, princess," the other breathed, pressing their foreheads together.

"i love you too, jeongguk."

it had been six years since jeongguk had promised to wait for jimin to be willing to love him. they managed to become close friends again, trusting and confiding in each other. it hurt his heart, being so close to the one he craved, but being unable to have him. but jeongguk told himself everyday that he needed to wait, and respect jimin's boundaries.

the golden maknae's patience paid off when he was rewarded with a shy kiss and confession from his hyung four years ago on his twenty-third birthday. even the mistakes both of them had made couldn't keep them apart.

jimin felt his heart swell with love when he saw jeongguk's smile. the special smile reserved just for him.

"hey princess," he whispered, leaning in close. "i need to tell you something."

the shorter hummed in acknowledgement and tilted his head to the side.

"i'm never going to let you go. you're my world, jeon jimin, and don't you ever forget that."

a faint flush spread across said male's face.

"guk-ah, i'm not a jeon yet. our wedding isn't for another week."

jeongguk grumbled in irritation as jimin laughed, the sound ringing through the air. a few moments of peaceful, comfortable silence passed before the older spoke up.

"hey, jeonggukkie... how about one more post on twitter? for old time's sake?"

mochiminie

mochiminie : i'm so in love with you

mochiminie : i'm so in love with you. you're mine.
715k retweets, 826k likes, 304k comments

seokjin.blossom
omf, it's been years since jeongguk's used this account

RapMonO
i'm glad he and jimin are finally together!

HobiGoesHard
a happy ending ^__^

QueenYerim
so cute <3

gukkielove
and i'm yours <3

— fin.

a / n

ugly chapter, but this marks the end of tweet! there will be five bonus chapters after this.

thanks so much for reading! this is my first social media au, and i'm so glad it turned out well! there is stuff i wish to improve, but i'm not going to edit this for a while.

i'll be publishing another jikook fic soon. i also have two other jikook fics completed, and another that's a work in progress, so check them out if you want!

and once again, thank you for reading! the first bonus chapter will be up soon.