xxiii

january first, 2014 ; bangtan's new year party

"happy new year!" taehyung squealed, smiling brightly. "it's our first january together since we debuted!"

namjoon nodded, yoongi at his side.

"i'm so proud of all of us. it hasn't been easy, and it definitely won't be in the future, but our friendship and hard work will help us succeed."

"truly our leader indeed!" hoseok cheered, slinging an arm around yoongi and smiling at him shyly while be blushed. jimin wiggled his eyebrows at his hyung and he pulled away, both him and the other rapper frowning in the process.

"yah, jeonggukie!" jimin called, turning to the maknae who was sitting along in the middle of the room. "come sit with hyung! there's an open space next to me. you've been working out so well lately, i want to see your muscles up close~"

across the room, ada spit out her water, wheezing. the now wet seokjin screeched loudly.

"aish!"

despite the chaos erupting around them, jimin was still looking at jeongguk, waiting for his response. said member just turned away from him and stood up to head towards the snack table. jimin's face fell, head hanging low.

"oh."

he slipped out of the living room to return to the room he shared with hoseok, fighting back tears. he wasn't sure why jeongguk always seemed to reject his affection. did he maybe know he was gay, and want him to stay away? jimin curled into a ball on his bed. he shouldn't let his dongsaeng ruin the night. he was with his members and friends, and everyone was having fun and laughing.

so why was he crying?

ping.

the soft noise that indicated he'd received a message cause him to jump as he scrambled to locate his phone.

' messages : one new message from unknown! '

hesitantly, the confused boy slid the bar to the right before typing in his password.

unknown

kwang-oppa, happy new year! 💕

who is this...?

don't be silly, kwang-oppa, it's me!

i don't know anyone named 'me'

haha, you're so funny, oppa!

it's me, chaeyoungie!

i got your number from my unnie 💕

i think you have the wrong number

my name's not kwang

it's jimin

HOLY SHIT YOU'RE RIGHT

I'M SO, SO, SORRY!

ugh, i must've typed in the wrong number ☹️

it's fine, haha

i was feeling kinda lonely anyway so i didn't mind

oh

if you don't mind some random girl asking, why were you lonely?

it's new years, you should be with the people you love!

i was

but i left

my crush was being extra cold to me today, and i'm not sure why 😕

oh no, jimin 😞

i'm so sorry

you know what?

you seem like you need a friend right now

chaeyoung to the rescue!

what?

hello, i'm kyon chaeyoung!

i'm a twenty year old business major attendin snu,

and i'm going to be your new friend! ☺️

march second, 2014 ; bangtan's dance practice

chaeyoung noona ^^

jimin-ahhhhhhh

i'm boreeeddddd

entertain your noona

you know i'm in dance practice right now 🙄

no, you literally finished two minutes ago

practice is from eight to eleven in the morning and it's past eleven now

damn it 😑

you can't hide anything from your noona 😈

girls know all 😏

i think it's just you

my crush's best friend can't seem to tell that my hyungs like each other

they can't tell that they like each other either though

aigoo, they're so oblivious

i'm not one to judge about crush problems though

mine still is cold to me

aw, that sucks

you know what, jimin-ah?

go to the nearest cafe and get a caramel macchiato

it'll warm you up and ease your mind 😉

ooh, thank you noona!

i'm going to head out now 🤗

i'll talk to you later!

see you!

july twenty-third, 2014 ; café blossoms

jimin tapped his fingers nervously on the table as he waited for chaeyoung to message him. they'd been talking for over six months, and the two friends had finally decided to meet at a cafe close to both her university and bangtan's dorms.

"order for mochi?"

the idol was clad in sunglasses, a baseball cap, and a face mask to conceal his identity.

"that's me."

he took the caramel macchiato from the barista and drank a bit. the familiar, sweet flavor never failed to ease his nerves. a noise from his pocket almost made jimin drop his drink.

"she's here," jimin muttered, eyes widening when he read the text. "chaeyoung's here!"

he immediately scanned the café, searching for chaeyoung. she'd described herself as tall with short black hair, and dark green eyes. jimin felt anxiety spike through his veins when a girl fitting that description walked through the door.

"noona?" he called hesitantly. the girl turned towards him and instantly broke into a huge smile.

"jimin!"

the two immediately hugged, jimin impressed with how strong her grip was.

"it's so good to finally meet you, noona!" she nodded, still grinning.

"likewise! come on, it's really nice out. let's go to the park instead!"

and jimin nodded, unsuspecting and unaware, completely missing the sinister gleam in her eyes as she led him out of the cafe, too happy that he'd found someone he thought he could trust and confide in.