xx

"oh my god," ada breathed, staring at chinsun with wide eyes. "why have you never brought me to one of these before?"

"i've always gone as jeongguk's plus-one, but this year they gave me my own invitation so i could bring you."

every year, sm entertainment hosted a huge party for anyone and everyone in the k-pop industry. if you were lucky enough to receive an invitation, you would go. you pretty much had to go, it was such an honor to be invited.

"is that red velvet over there?!" ada grabbed chinsun's arm and started shaking her violently. "oh my god, seulgi looks so fucking pretty in real life."

the photographer followed her roommate's gaze to the group of girls talking near the snack table.

"seulgi-unnie!" she called, heading over to them. ada's eyes widened as she followed chinsun to her idol.

"what are you doing!? fuck, she's looking at us, oh my god."

"oh! chinsun-ah!"

"what the fuck, she knows your name."

seulgi said something else to the rest of the girls before meeting chinsun and ada in the middle.

"chinsun-ah, it's been so long! we never got to thank you for helping out at our bad boy photoshoot."

ada looked at her questioningly.

"the head photographer of the shoot came down with the flu that morning," chinsun explained. "their manager asked me if i'd be able to come in to help out."

seulgi turned her attention towards ada, smiling brightly at her.

"oh! you must be the ada she kept talking about! i'm glad we finally got to meet!"

she nodded, looking shocked that seulgi knew her name.

"i'm a huge fan," she managed to get out, gazing up at her shyly. seulgi's smile somehow grew even bigger.

"ah, i love meeting luvies! you're so cute too! come on, i can take you to meet the other members!" and with that, she grabbed ada's hand and started walking back towards the girls from before. chinsun flashed her roommate a thumbs up and winked before heading off to find jeongguk.

he was standing on the balcony, staring up at the stars that twinkled above the venue. chinsun's smile dropped as soon as she joined him.

"theee days," she muttered, placing her hand over her best friend's. "it's been three days since he left."

as soon as chinsun and taehyung had realized jimin was gone, they called the other members to come help look for him. they had to explain everything, and by the end of the day, jin was in tears, yoongi was on the phone, trying to find out if anyone had seen him, namjoon had to restrain himself from punching the wall, hoseok wouldn't talk to anyone, and the three youngest in the room (chinsun, taehyung and jeongguk) wouldn't stop searching, but jimin was still nowhere to be found.

bang sihyuk had given the group the next week off to look for jimin on the condition that they attend the sm party as not to offend lee sooman. but the group couldn't focus on the exotic foods, the catchy music, or the other idols milling around the party. they were all too worried about jimin.

"this is all my fault."

"no, guk, it's not you."

"it is, and everyone knows it. if only i hadn't made my stupid fan account, hadn't messaged him, hadn't lied to him," he sobbed, wiping his tears on his sleeve. "and now my jimin-ssi is gone. we don't know where he is or if he's okay, and i... i just-"

chinsun hugged him as he cried fo the nth time.

"look guk, we'll find him. we just need to get through tonight, okay? bangtan was requested to perform 'i need u' and you're responsible for jimin's part. we can leave as soon as you finish performing. and then we'll keep looking."

it took a few minutes for jeongguk to calm down, but once he did, he was ready to return to the party.

"thank you, noona. i'd be a mess without you."

"of course you would. but that's what best friends do, pick you up when you fall and put you back together when you break."

a / n

next chapter, jimin returns :) we'll find out what the note said, how kook knew it was him, and why jimin reacted the way he did in the chapter after next ^__^