CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER NUMBER FIVE OF:REWRITE THE STARS

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

CHAPTER NUMBER FIVE OF:
REWRITE THE STARS

THE NEXT DAY, ROSALIE sat on the grass with her fellow cheerleaders. She sat stretching one of her legs out, her stomach touching her thigh. Much to the displeasure of Audrey, Rosalie was cheerleading captain. She had worked hard to get her title. She'd always go the extra mile for the last captain — the daughter of Rapunzel — and she was soon given the crown and role. As she heard her name being called, she looked up with a greeting smile. Her eyes landed on Jay in a uniform that the boys of the Tourney team would use to practice. "Jay? What're you doing here?" She asked as she stood up from her position.

"Well FG recommended that Carlos and I try out for the Tourney team. I'm pretty sure that there would be no way for us to get around that so before I knew it, here I was." Jay explained to her. Rosalie pursed her lips.

"Here you are." She whispered. "How was your first day? Other than goofing off in the classes that we have together?" She asked, a joking look glazing her eyes.

"Oh ha ha." Jay sarcastically laughed, making Rosalie laugh. "It was good. Great, actually. Don't tell anyone, but I'm secretly hoping that this goes somewhere. Although, I've never worked with a. . team? I've always just been on my own."

"Is that how it is on the isle?" Rose asked, eyebrows knitting together. Jay shrugged his shoulders.

"Eh, not really. It's just how it is with my dad. He's always taught me to do my own thing, solo. But I don't think that's going to be very easy to do here." Jay said, mostly hinting at the fact that he couldn't be on his own forever with a girl like Rosalie around.

Before Rosalie could say anything, the Tourney coach was calling the boys to the field, including Jay. Rosalie smiled at Jay. "Good luck. Give them a little taste of the Isle. Even if it's rough, these boys need something to knock them off of their prince-friendly game." Jay smiled at Rosalie and nodded, giving her a wink before running onto the field. Rosalie tried to hide the burning red color that rose to her cheeks, but as soon as she turned and was faced with a smirking Peyton, she knew she couldn't.

"You know, I was going to apologize for being late, but I'm sure you didn't notice since you were too busy staring at the new guy." Peyton said, lightly shaking his head.

"I was not staring!" Rosalie exclaimed before she pursed her lips. "I was admiring. Alright, let's get started, guys." Rosalie showed the girls and Peyton the routine she had put together a couple days back, soon telling them that they'd practice it several times before adding a cheer.

Afterwards, they looked out to the field. As Rosalie watched Jay dominate the field, a grin rose on her lips. "Why don't we cheer them on, yeah?" She asked the team who quickly nodded and began to cheer for the boys.

"You mean, why don't we cheer for Jay?" Peyton asked, leaning in towards Rosalie. Rosalie rolled her eyes and pushed Peyton away, subtly flicking him off. Rosalie watched as Jay did a couple of mid-air flips in the kill zone all while having the ball in his stick. He ran straight towards the goal, and Carlos.

"Ahh! Jay, it's me! It's Carlos!" Carlos shouted, holding his hands up. Jay continued to rush towards him. "Wait, stop. Jay, stop!" Carlos shrieked, throwing his stick at Jay. Carlos soon realized that there was no chance of Jay slowing down and so he fell to the ground, curled up in a ball and covered himself with his shield.

Jay jumped atop of Carlos' shield and flipped in the air, throwing the ball into the goal. When he landed on his two feet, he cheered more than the cheerleaders had. Rosalie clapped her hands together. "Go Jay!" She shouted out, her hands around her cherry painted lips. Jay looked her way and blew a kiss, causing her cheeks to flame brighter than they had before. All the cheerleaders turned to Rosalie and began to tease her, to which she only rolled her eyes and looked away from them.

"What do you call that?" The coach asked him. When Jay was silent, the coach grinned. "I call that raw talent! Come find me later. I'll show you something you haven't seen before. It's called a rule book. Welcome to the team, son!" The coach then turned to Carlos. "You ever thought about band?" Carlos sarcastically laughed.

Ben placed a hand on Carlos' shoulder and gave Coach a nod. "I'll work with him, coach."

The coach nodded. "All right. Let's run that again!" Rosalie gave Jay one last smile before she turned to her own team.

———

ROSALIE WALKED TO THE bleachers, eyes landing on the coach of the tourney team and Jay sitting together. She sent them a small smile and wave, Coach calling her over. "Rosalie! Since you're the captain of the cheerleading team and one of the most trusted princess or student here, I'd like you to sit with us as I speak to Jay about his new spot on the tourney team." Coach told her, causing her to nod. Rosalie sat on the bleacher below Jay and Coach.

"I could really use a tough guy like you. The team's a bunch of princes, if you know what I mean." Coach told him with a chuckle, Rosalie nodding in agreement.

"You're telling me. It's all, 'after you, old chum.' 'Oh, pardon me, did I bump into you?' Where I come from it's, 'prepare to die, sucker!' As my father says, 'the only way to win is to make sure everyone else loses!'" Jay spoke as he stood up with an aggressive expression on his face. Coach looked to Rosalie in hesitation, not knowing what to do.

Rosalie noticed the look on Coach's face and quickly took Jay's hand into her own. "Jay! Jay, Jay, Jay!" She shouted, Jay shaking his head as he looked down at Rosalie. "Let Coach explain what a team is."

Coach nodded. "Right. Uh, It's like a family."

"You do not want to be at my house at dinner time."

Coach looked down at Rosalie for help again, but the redhead shook her head and avoided his eyes instead. "Okay, okay, um. . . You know how a body has a lot of different parts? The legs, elbows, ears. But they all need each other. Well, that's what a team is. . .
different players who work together to win. Make any sense?" Coach asked.

After Coach was finished explaining, Rosalie looked up at Jay for his reaction. Jay only smirked and looked at Coach. "Can I be the fist?"

Coach laughed and shook his head. He then pulled out a jersey that had Jay's name and the number eleven on the back. Jay's smirk grew into a grin as he grabbed the jersey, whispering a small 'thanks.' "Welcome to the team, Jay." Rosalie gave Coach a nod and she and Jay jumped off of the bleachers.

As Jay and Rosalie began to walk back to the dormitory, Rosalie nudged Jay's shoulder with hers. "Well, what are you waiting for? Put it on! Let me see what I'm gonna be cheering for from now on." Rosalie joked with a large smile. Jay chuckled and shrugged, throwing it on over his shirt.

Rosalie gave him a wink. "Handsome."