CHAPTER THIRTY

CHAPTER NUMBER THIRTY OF:REWRITE THE STARS

REWRITE THE STARS

          JAY LET OUT A nervous laugh as he pulled his girlfriend to the side to explain everything that was going on. "Jay, my love, care to explain why Harry Hook and Gil are here? More importantly, Harry, the one who decided to spell me and make me turn against you and the others?" Rosalie asked with a straight face. Jay pressed his lips to Rosalie's for a moment before they heard multiple coughs. When Jay pulled away he grabbed Rosalie's hands, "Just trust me on this, okay?" Rosalie pulled her hands away from Jay and turned to look at the boys.

"Why hello there gorgeous," Harry spoke slowly. Rosalie narrowed her eyes, scoffed and turned. As Rosalie continued to take some more steps on the trail, her friends behind her, she began to feel nauseous. Her head began to spin and soon she was doubling over and holding her stomach. Jay rushed to hold her hair back as she threw up into the bushes. Hearing the vomit, Harry's nose scrunched up in disgust as he leaned towards Gil. "Am I really that unattractive?" Gil rolled his eyes and the two watched as Ben, Carlos and Jane rushed over to the couple to help Rosalie. Rosalie wiped the corner of her mouth and groaned. "Why is this happening to me? First it's the morning nausea then the headaches, my feet feel odd and now I'm throwing up," Rosie rolled her eyes. Jane sprayed some of the enchanted water onto Rosalie's hands so she could clean her face properly. The dots began to connect in Jane's head and her eyes widened.

"Rosie, how long has this been happening?" Jane asked. Rosalie shrugged her shoulders, "Two days, maybe. Eh, whatever. It could just be the weather." Jay nodded, "Yeah, weather has been pretty bad lately. Come on, let's go find Mal and the girls." Jane gnawed on her bottom lip, grabbing Carlos' hand and pulling him to the back of their line. "What's wrong?" Carlos asked.

Jane looked at Carlos with worried eyes. "I think Rosie's pregnant."

          THE GROUP WALKED UP to Evie's home, the girls and Doug immediately bursting out from the home to meet their friends and Mal going to Ben. Jay wrapped an arm around Rosalie's shoulders and placed his head atop of hers. Rosalie tensed up, Jay feeling as she did so. "What's wrong, ma?" As the rest of their friends walked inside of the house, Rosie grabbed Jay's hand and pulled him into the guest room. Rosalie sat Jay down on the edge of the bed and took a seat at the vanity Evie had in there because "everyone needs good lighting in the morning."

          Rosalie gnawed on her bottom lip, a nervous habit of hers. "I've been hearing the whispering between Carlos and Jane and it's getting me nervous because I know that you wouldn't want it or like the rumor," Rosalie told Jay. Jay's eyebrows were scrunched together in confusion. He looked like a lost puppy and it made Rosie giggle gently. "Do you remember that talk we had about children and all that? Marriage at young age and all that Jazz?" Rosie asked her boyfriend who nodded slowly. "I think that maybe, just maybe, we might be getting a child who is half villain and half royalty soon."

          "Huh?" Jay asked.

           Rosie has never wanted to slap her boyfriend more. "Jayden, my love, Jane thinks I'm pregnant."

          AS SOON AS THEY arrived at Fairy Cottage, Jay and Rosalie rushed up the stairs to try and find Audrey. However, when they didn't see her anywhere in sight, they walked back downstairs to inform their friends. "She's not anywhere up there," Rosalie told them whilst she and Jay shook heir heads. Hearing loud banging come from the closet door, Ben opened it up to reveal a crawled into a ball Chad. Ben reached for him, only for Chad to flinch. "It's okay," Ben cooed as he helped Chad up. They had a small conversation about Audrey being gone before the curly haired boy grinned, "and the door's open. Freedom!" With that, he ran out and into the outdoors. Harry and Rosalie laughed at his reaction before they all walked outside.

          "Ooh. All right," Uma started, "Let's get this Audrey chick
taken care of already. What do you say, girls? Time to wrap things up?" Uma and Mal fist bumped each other. "You know, someday, you're gonna have to tell me how you guys all got teamed up," Ben said as Rosalie nodded her head. "Yeah, how did this even happen?"

          "Actually, Mal promised to let all the kids off the Isle once this is over," Evie explained. Rosalie's smile widened and she looked to Mal, "Really? That's awesome!" Mal cut Rosalie off and stopped in her tracks, causing everyone else to stop as well with confused looks. "I have to tell you guys something," she walked more ahead then stopped, turning to look at everyone, "Um... I lied to you. The kids won't be coming off the Isle. The program is shut down. And the barrier... will be closed for good. For Auradon's safety."

          "Ben?" Rosalie said in a confused tone. Ben turned to look at his best friend with sad and lowly dilated eyes. "Is this.. is this true? The day that I missed the meeting, the one time I'm not there, you guys decide to close the barrier for good? What happened to all the plans we had? The more opportunities for those innocent kids. . . It's gone?" Jay placed a hand on Rosalie's shoulder in comfort.

          "Hold up. So we're saving your precious people and your behinds for a lie?  I knew it was a mistake to trust you. You're always out for yourself." Uma told Mal in a harsh tone. Harry walked up to Ben and shook his head, "And you, King Ben, eh? You're probably just gonna throw us all back inside."

          Celia walked up to Mal and shook her head. "You know what? I actually thought you were brave. You're nothing but a chicken. Too scared to tell me I was never gonna see my dad again." Her voice broke, then she reached out to get Hades' ember from Mal's hands. Mal called out Celia's name as Celia tossed the ember into the fountain before running away.

           "No! No," Mal grabbed the ember and cradled it in her arms, "Regain your might and ignite! No. . Regain your might and ignite!" Uma picked up the shell around her neck, Mal hoping it would glow to help. . But nothing came. "Bummer," Uma snarled, "Let's go find Gil and leave them all to rot."

          Mal watched as Uma and Harry walked away. Her lips parted in despair, "Uma!" Evie then walked to Mal. Mal sighed, "Evie. . I'm so sorry. I'm sorry, I just... I thought that... I was afraid to tell you. I thought I was gonna lose my best friend. But I had to do something. I had to protect Auradon."

         Rosie's lips parted and Evie looked at Mal in shock. "Closing the barrier was your idea?"

          Mal shook her head. "I did it for us. I did it for our life
that we have here now!"

          "For our life?" Evie asked, "What about the kids that
we left behind on that island? The kids that we promised? We were their only hope. I thought you were gonna stand up for the V.K.'s. But instead, you lied to them. And you lied to Jay. And you lied to Rosie. And you lied to Carlos. And you lied to me." Evie's voice broke, causing tears to line the bottom of Rosalie's eyes. "We're your family." Evie then walked away towards Carlos.

         "Evie. Evie, come on. I had no choice!"

         And those were the last words Rosalie heard before everything froze, the last thing she felt was the cool feeling of a tear rolling down her cheek.