CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER NUMBER ELEVEN OF:REWRITE THE STARS

REWRITE THE STARS

THE NEXT DAY JUST so happened to be Family Day and Rosalie was not feeling an inch of motivation to get out of bed. When her alarm woke her up, she only rolled her eyes and shut it off. Ben burst through her door, seeing she was still asleep. "Oh my Beast, Rosalie! Wake up!" Rosalie only groaned. "I know you're sad and stuff, but you have to put on a smile — it's what we all do when we're sad." Ben sighed as he walked to the other side of the bed Rosalie wasn't laying on and sat down.

          Rosalie slowly revealed her tear-stained face from below the covers and she shook her head. "My head hurts." She told him with a frown on her lips. She proceeded to fake cough. "And I'm sick. I can't sing today. Tell my parents and Melody that I love them, but I am not getting up."

"Are you okay?" Ben asked softly, brushing her hair away from her face. Rosalie narrowed her eyes and shook her head.

"No, Ben, I'm not okay. I have a splitting headache from crying so much last night, the thing Jay and I had is over before it even started, I don't even want to see my parents and tell them how I'm in love with a damn villain kid, I don't want to even hear it from Melody. I am not okay." Rosalie let out, another tear slipping from her eye.

          Ben sighed and grabbed Rosalie's hand and enclosed it with his. "You're going to be okay, Rosie. I'll be right by your side and so will Peyton but he's taking forever to get ready. Whatever you need, I will be right there." Rosalie nodded and thanked him before throwing the covers off of her. Ben covered his eyes, seeing as though she was only in an oversized shirt. "Is that —"

"Shut up." Rosalie snapped as she grabbed the outfit she had planned weeks ago and walked into the bathroom. She quickly changed into the white top and red shorts. She opened the bathroom door when she was done and turned on the curler, soon beginning to curl her hair. After about an hour and a half, she was done with her hair and makeup. She placed the thin red choker around her neck then walked out to her room. She pulled on her thigh high boots and a black belt before turning to Ben and gave him a thumbs up.

          ROSALIE AND BEN SENT one another a nod before they heard the music begin to play. Rosalie and Ben locked arms as they walked out. "Ma chere Mademoiselle, it is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight."

Rosalie spoke next. "And now we invite you to relax. Let us pull up a chair as the dining room proudly presents: your dinner!" She spoke with a big, fake smile.

"Be our guest, be our guest. Put our service to the test. Tie your napkin 'round your neck, cherie! And we'll provide the rest." The group sang behind Rosalie and Ben.

"That's right." Ben and Rosalie winked.

"Soup du jour, hot hors d'oeuvres. Why, we only live to serve. Try the grey stuff, it's delicious. Don't believe me? Ask the dishes!" Rosalie jutted her thumb over her shoulder, the group behind them representing the dishes whilst Ben and Rosalie were similar to Lumiére and Cogsworth.

The boys stepped up to the front, Ben sticking with Rosalie as said, taking her hand and pulling her to the front. "Yeah, they can sing, sing, sing, they can dance, dance, dance After all, Miss, this is France. And a dinner here is never, never second best. Go on, unfold your menu. Go on, take a glance and then you'll. . . Be our guest, be our guess! Be our guest, yeah. Yeah, come on, yeah. Be our guest, guest, yeah, yeah."

"We tell jokes," Ben motioned between him and Rosalie, making her laugh, "I do tricks. With my fellow candlesticks. And it's all in perfect taste, that you can bet. Come on and lift your glass! You've won your own free pass. To be our guest!"

"If you're stressed," Ben said, turning to Rosie who he knew spoke next.

"It's fine dining we suggest." Rosalie said, a genuine smile on her face as she spotted her parents, Melody and Melody's husband watching her in adoration.

"Be our guest, be our guest. Be our guest." The chorus sang.

Rosalie and Ben smiled. "Be our guest!" Ben bowed and Rosalie curtsied. Everyone cheered, but Rosalie's eyes were dull as they watched Jay and the other Descendants join the party. Rosalie sent everyone one last smile before she headed to her parents, Melody and her husband. Melody instantly brought her younger sister into a hug.

"Rosie! Oh my, you were amazing!" Melody praised, rubbing her sister's back before pulling away to look at her. "I hate you — you took all of mom's beauty meanwhile I look like dad." Rosalie laughed as their father pulled Melody away.

"What's so wrong with looking like me? I'm the most handsome man around here." Eric said confidently. "Or at least that's what your mother tells me." The family laughed together as Eric and Ariel embraced their younger daughter, praising her with large smiles.

          The family laughed together and talked about old memories, having a nice time. Rosalie's eyes drifted away, soon landing on Jay who was drinking out of a cup whilst nodding at something Carlos had said. Their eyes then met and neither of them broke the eye contact. Jay set his cup down and stuffed his hands into his pockets. Rosalie pursed her lips and looked to her family.

          Carlos caught the eye contact and he sighed. "Why don't you just go over there and talk to her, Jay? Work things out. Or what? Is your pride too big and you want her to talk first?"

          Jay sent Carlos a sharp glare. "No. My pride is not too big, Carlos. She hates me. I know that she hates me."

          Carlos rolled his eyes. "What's that thing people say? Forever hold your peace and speak now?"

          "How in the hell do you expect me to know?" Jay asked, narrowing his eyes at Carlos. Carlos' features then brightened.

"I remember now! It's speak now or forever hold your peace. So, Jay. Speak now. . . or lose her forever." Carlos told Jay, giving him a pat on the back before walking away. Jay sighed and looked back up to Rosalie, seeing her looking at him again. She sent him a small frown before Ben and his parents walked up to their family and she smiled. Jay saw that the smile didn't reach her eyes — he missed the smile from the Lake. When she told him that she loved him.