CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER NUMBER EIGHT OF:REWRITE THE STARS

REWRITE THE STARS

           ROSALIE SMILED AT THE elevation of the selfies she and the girls had taken. First, it was only Rosie and Evie smiling wide and laughing. The last one captured the beautiful sight of all three girls laughing at something Mal had said. Rosalie was ecstatic, they had formed a bond over one night and it was shocking how quick they opened up to her. Of course they didn't go all in and spoke about their lives on the Isle, but they did do all the basic things any other friends would do once they spent a day together. They watched movies, ate a crap ton of junk food, Rosalie gave gossip about everyone she knew and Mal and Evie were surprised about how much trash a princess could talk yet loved it, and they talked about boys very little — the point of the night was to get to know one another, not know who the people thought they thought was cute.

          As Rosie approached her dorm room door, wanting to spend the night there instead of the castle, Jay came rushing up to her. "Rosalie! Rosie!" He called to her, making her turn with a confused expression. The confusion expression was quickly replaced with a wide smile. "I have a question!"

          "Oh no. I'm not in trouble, am I?" Rosalie jokingly asked with a light raise of her eyebrows. Jay laughed, causing millions of butterflies to burst into Rosalie's stomach. She felt a tint of red run across her cheeks and tips of her ears as she bit her lip.

          "No, of course not. I was just going to ask. . . I was going to ask if you wanted to go on a date with me tomorrow? I don't know Auradon as well as you do so maybe you can take me around somewhere? Show me some places?" Jay asked with a hopeful glint in his eyes.

          Rosalie smiled. "We can go watch a movie and head down to the Enchanted Lake afterwards. You know, go for a swim."

          Jay's eyes widened a tad. "Swimming? As in water? As in drowning?"

          Rosalie laughed. "No, Jay, not drowning. Swimming. Yes, in water. I'll teach you how to swim, don't worry." Jay nodded, blowing air out of his puffed out cheeks, making Rosalie giggle. She then smiled at him softly before pecking his cheek and placing her hand on the doorknob of her dorm. "See you tomorrow, Jay."

——

THE NEXT DAY, BEN, Peyton and Rosalie were walking together to their lockers. "So, Jay asked me out on a date last night." Rosalie started with a bright smile. "He explained how he didn't know much of Auradon and he asked if I could show him some places, so I told him we could watch a movie and then head down to the Enchanted Lake afterwards. Think there's going to be any events going on today? Like last time how me and Pey tried to go swimming and there was a wedding?" Rosalie asked Ben. Ben pursed his lips.