CHAPTER NINETEEN

CHAPTER NUMBER NINETEEN OF:REWRITE THE STARS

REWRITE THE STARS

          LATE AT NIGHT, THE teens were running down the stairs towards the limo. "Jay, keys!" Ben called as he threw Jay the set of keys. "Remote." Jay called as he handed Rosalie the remote they would need for later on.

          "Wait, something's wrong." Evie told them once they had gotten to the bottom of the stairs. Ben, Carlos, Jay and Rosalie looked at her in confusion before she turned to Ben and adjusted the blue beanie on his head. Rosalie shook her head as Jay turned to her.

         "Hey, how come you're not wearing a beanie?" Jay asked her, furrowing his brows. Rosalie raised a brow.

          "I don't need a beanie to look like a badass. Have you seen me?" Rosalie asked, motioning towards her body and face with a hand. Jay chuckled.

          "Shotgun!" Dude called out. Rosalie and Carlos shared a look whilst the others stared in fear at the dog. "No, Dude, stay. The Isle is too dangerous." Carlos told Dude, making him whimper.

          "Did he just —"

         Carlos cut Jay off. "Talk? Yeah, I know. Tell you later." With that, Carlos, Ben and Evie piled into the inside of the limo whilst Jay and Rosalie took the front seats.

          "Once we cross the bridge, park under the pier near the garage. Got it?" Evie asked.

         "Got it." Jay replied as he drove off. When they got to the border, Jay gave Rosalie a nod and she pushed the button for the magical bridge to form around them as they drove on it. Jay held the steering wheel with one hand whilst the other laid on Rosalie's thigh. Rosalie let out a breath, slightly tensing up as they got closer. "Hey." Rosalie looked to her boyfriend who began to speak softly. "You're gonna be okay. I got you."

          "I — I'm not scared, Jay. I'm just about to see where you grew up and some parts of the world that aren't so filled with sunshine, rainbows and vanilla ice cream." Rosalie explained. "I've only ever lived in Auradon, in the castle or at the dorms, and I've never been anywhere further than the United States of Auradon. So this is a wild ride." Jay nodded and turned his attention to the road, realizing just how different the two really were.

          But maybe that was a good thing. Opposites attracted, and they were a hell of a good example. Jay and Rosalie, a villain kid and a princess. Rosalie was wholesome, filled with joy and not a bad bone in her body unless someone crossed the line. Jay had a hard outside, but he was truly soft on the inside and that was what Rosalie loved. She loved both sides of Jay, taking him in completely, but her favorite side of him was the one he showed when it was just the two of them alone in her room. They had never done anything more than make-out, and Jay thought he was gonna get lucky on his seventeenth birthday, Rosalie wanted to do it, but there was never a perfect time. So they teased and only shared kisses. To Jay, that was all he needed. He could be wrapped up in her arms like a little baby and he would be filled with joy.