Double B Clichés Pt. 3

WORDS & PHRASES & DESCRIPTIONS

😐

😒

😤

😧

Right...Let's start, then.

I'm gonna list them out in the order that irks me. Might as well make it a top 10 list, because things will get too long otherwise. We all know that's the best way to go...

10 is the best of the worst and 1 is the worst of the worst. Here we go:

10. He/she smirked.

This is by far the mildest one of the list. Smirking isn't such a bad thing to use. It shows confidence, arrogance, smugness, and the like. It's just annoying when it's overused. Legit, I once read a book that said a guy smirked before, during, and after he was punched by another guy! Like he had blood dripping out of his mouth and everything, but he was still smirking.

And the guy who punched him? You guessed it. He smirked, too! In the same freaking scene!

*Exasperated sigh*

Smirk. 😏

9. Pop the 'p' (like a balloon)!

Heh. Ignore the balloon.

Anyway, this one annoys me because I just don't understand why it's in the description. Like, did you pop the "p" of the "yup" like it was gum? I get that it's supposed to bring the sound alive in our minds, but I think it's just a redundant description. When you say yup or nope, you automatically pop the "p."

This one's pretty high in the list because it's okay when used once or twice. Like number 10, it just gets annoying when characters pop the p every time they answer a "yes" or "no" question.

8. I blush(ed).

So...blushing.

Here's a random story: I used to think I was incapable of blushing because I could never see red in my cheeks. Even after my physical education class when I could feel heat gathering in my cheeks, I could not see the blush that was supposed to come with heated skin. There was an American girl in my class whose face would turn deep red when she cried or exerted herself. Now that was a blush.

My point is that it's not that easy for some people to blush. Why would you blush when a cute guy talks to you? Are you embarrassed? Have you been running a marathon? Tipped upside down like Dracula until all the blood rushed to your face? Unless the good girl embarrassed herself in front of the cute guy, I don't see how or why she would blush so easily. Also because I thought she was supposed to be this sassy girl filled with sarcasm. I don't get how girls blush so easily in these stories. The littlest things make them blush!

There are people in the world who blush really hard. Usually, they are pale people because it's much easier for their skin to colour if they don't have much pigment in the first place. I get that. But, I just don't know how girls in Wattpad books just blush. And it's always when the bad boy is around. Why don't they blush any other time?

And then Tyler says that Tessa is cute when she blushes. Like really? That's probably the only reason girls in this story blush. So that they have that cute moment when the boy likes her blushing. Also, I just realised that if the girl does wear makeup, how could the boy see her blush? 

Here's a fun suggestion. What if Tessa, who usually doesn't wear makeup, wears makeup and then Tyler says she looks cute when she blushes? Then Tessa can retort that it's her makeup. I'd like to see that.