Wattpad's Terrible Features (Pt. 2)

This is a continuation/follow up of a previous rant titled WTF is this new TERRIBLE Wattpad feature?! where I talk about the stupid cash-grab idea Wattpad had by allowing free users to only have three offline books.

I will refrain from swearing in this chapter, so let's get started.

_____

So, to start, let me correct a few mistakes I've made on my last chapter, one which I'll gladly acknowledge though this changes nothing about how I feel about this site.

Firstly, I have no idea why my Wattpad app was acting the way it did back when I wrote that chapter because now, I am able to access my online books without forcefully having them put in my Offline/Downloaded pile. Maybe it was a technical glitch because the app had just finished updating. Maybe it was Wattpad trying to adjust to the new feature. I don't know. But I retract that argument because it now holds no water.

The second 'mistake' is not really a mistake. It's just Wattpad being more of an asshole than it already had been when it first started this limiting book feature (oops, I cursed, but meh. No other way to describe this site). Now, get this, now you aren't limited to only three offline books. Ho, nononono. That was too much. NOW, you are limited to TWO—fricking TWO!—offline books.

 NOW, you are limited to TWO—fricking TWO!—offline books

⬆ (Seriously?)

It wasn't enough that they completely annihilated our ability to read Wattpad books offline so we could avoid ads, it wasn't enough that they decreased that number to THREE. No. They weren't satisfied with that! They had to go ahead and say, "you know what, THREE is too much. Let's lower it to TWO." FRICKING TWO. I have never hated a number so much. Why? Why was this pointless update to a stupid feature a thing?

And, I know this has been a thing for a quite a while now. In fact, I'm pretty sure they decreased it to two like a week after the original "new reading feature", but this has been on my rant list for a while, and I thought I might as well put it in this chapter.

Because, this chapter isn't REALLY about me being unable to read more than two books offline. No. This is a rant about how, in my previous words, Wattpad is "a corporate piece of shit" (so does it count as swearing in this chapter? Ugh, I guess it does. Don't know why I even tried lol).

Here's my two cents on all this.

So, I have tried to read on Wattpad after this feature came out. It worked fine when I put the books I was reading in the offline section, turned off my WiFi and began reading. But, you get how it works. You get lazy. You don't want to turn off your WiFi every single time you want to read a book, and you don't want to keep going online, switching out books to the offline pile, and turning off the WiFi again just so you could enjoy an hour of reading with no interruptions from pointless, disgusting ads.

So, I stopped switching the books out, and I read from my online pile when I felt like it. And oh. Ohohoho.

 Ohohoho