Double B Clichés Pt. 4

DIALOGUE

Welp. Let's not make this clunky.

So, I really don't have that much to say about the dialogue of Wattpad stories, but there are a few things characters say that are freaking everywhere!

I have already listed this in the previous chapter, but one of the most common words the characters actually say in romance books is, "MINE!"

I won't go into much detail because I've already talked about it, but that is so cringeworthy. 😖 Bleurgh!!!

"Take a picture. It lasts longer."

😑😑😑 Yeah, no. This wonderful piece of art comes into play when a character, usually Tessa because girls can't control themselves when they ogle, apparently, sees a half-naked guy in front of them. Like, creepy much?

And then, the guy being smug and all just has to say the wittiest sentence ever.

I just want to roll my eyes when I read that sentence, and half the time, I find myself doing just that.

"Aww. You're cute when you blush."

Again, I have touched on this in the previous chapter, but I have to say it again. Every time Tessa blushes in front of Tyler, Tyler has to "woo" her with that line.

Seriously. When have you heard people say that in real life? Half the time, I don't think people even realise when others are blushing unless their face is so red that it looks like they have a rash or something. And even if people blush, you don't tease them about it unless you're really close.

The bad boy usually doesn't even know about Tessa when he says this line, so why would he think making fun of her blushing be a good idea? It just makes him an ass that embarrasses himself!

Like, if they were best friends and Tyler was making fun of her only for Tessa to retort that she is, in fact, not blushing, it would make better sense. This would establish the kind of comfortable relationship they have by using cute banter.

Ugh. I'm going off on a tangent.

"Did I say that out loud?"

I don't know. Did you?

😧

Honestly, this one is kinda dumb. I don't even get the point of doing this. I guess it's to make the girl look dumb in front of the boy or to let the boy get the upper hand by letting him know how much the girl is turned on by him.

I just don't even know with this.

Like, I think it would be interesting if the girl was really paranoid about talking out loud without knowing. Maybe she has some kind of mental disorder that makes her say her thoughts out loud, so she struggles with it and gets all anxious about it. That would have some significance.

This one irks me because I don't think anyone can actually speak without realising. Like, I have heard of true stories where people talk without realising until they hear their voice, but it usually happens in an unnatural situation. I'm not going into the details, because I'll be going down another rabbit trail if I do.

"You're different from other girls."

First of all, ew. 😷

That is by far the cringiest, most cliché line any boy can say in a teen fiction story. What is that even supposed to mean? Like, is she different because she doesn't wear makeup "like other girls" or wear revealing clothes "like other girls?"

I don't even know where the author is going with this line. The girl is usually either a nerd or a tomboy. What makes her different from all the other girls who are nerds and tomboys?