5.0

July

"No... a little to the left." Maryse "Frenchy" Mizanin directs the men who are placing the platform. "That's perfect. Right there." The men put the platform on the floor.

"Anything else ma'am?"

"No. That's all. Thank you." As they clean up, Maryse feels a pair of arms snake around her waist. "You're distracting me and I'm working."

"Not right now, you're not." Her husband, Miz, kisses her neck. "How's everything going?"

"Good. Now that the platform and the lights are in, Michael will be all set for his rehearsal. How's it going on your end?"

"I've been getting some good feedback for this. We may have a full house. What time is Michael coming in?" Maryse checks the time on her phone.

"He should be here in a few minutes." Miz smiles.

"Good." He jumps onto the platform. "Welcome to the most must see talk show in history, welcome to Miz TV!" Miz announces causing Maryse to laugh.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm testing the platform." He jumps on it. "I gotta make sure it's stable. Wouldn't want anyone getting hurt."

"Definitely not. You look good up there." Maryse comments.

"You know I like being the center of attention." Miz descends down the stairs. "Don't get me wrong, I love working here but I would love to have my own show."

"I can tell, by that intro you just did. Why don't you talk to JoJo? She already has her own YouTube channel. Maybe you can do something with her." His wife suggests.

"Yeah. Ok. I'll think about it."

"Damn Frenchy." Michael says when he walks in. "This looks amazing. You really outdid yourself."

"Thank you Michael. Are you ready for your soundcheck?" He nods happily.

"This is Darren. My DJ." He introduces.

"Great. I'll show you where you can set up. Right this way." Maryse leads Darren away.

"I uh heard your little intro over there Miz." Michael says.

"Yeah uh... sorry about that." He scratches the back of his neck.

"No, no. Don't apologize. I thought it was great. You know, maybe you should introduce me rather than the Four Musketeers."

"Seriously? That would be great man, thanks."

"Us Michael's gotta stick together." Michael says.

"I hear that."

"How did the advertising go?" Michael asks.

"Great. There should be a good crowd tonight." Michael sighs.

"I'm nervous as fuck man. If I do bad, that could tear my career apart and Dom and the guys won't ever let me perform here again."

"Nerves are normal, but don't let them overpower you. You'll do great and your music is really good."

"Mike." Maryse calls out.

"Don't worry." Miz assures. He leaves Michael and goes to his wife. "Yes beautiful?"

"I'm all set here if you're ready to go home and change." Mike checks his watch.

"We have time for a nap."

"Or... we could do something else instead of sleep." She raises her eyebrow.

"I like that better." He takes his wife's hand and the two leave.