8.0

September

Brandi pulls her car into the parking lot to see Michael standing there.

"Um hello creep." She greets him when she gets out her car. "What are you doing out here?"

"Waiting for you."

"I repeat, hello creep. Why didn't you call?"

"Because I knew you wouldn't answer."

"Yep. You're right." She nods. "So what do you want?" Michael takes a deep breath.

"I want to take you on a date."

"No." She says quickly. She grabs her bag and walks towards the door.

"Please Brandi. It's just dinner. I'm not asking you to marry me. It's just dinner." Brandi sighs.

"Fine. When?"

"I have to go to Brooklyn, so the day after tomorrow, Friday?"

"I guess." She shrugs.

"You like sushi?" Brandi nods. "Great. I'll pick you up."

"You know my address? Wow. You're really bringing out this creep thing."

"No. I don't know your address. I was going to ask you for it."

"Oh. Um. Sorry." She puts her address and number into his phone.

"Thanks. So I'll see you Friday." Michael smiles.

"Friday." Michael gets in his car and Brandi goes inside.

"What are you smiling about?" Dominique asks her assistant.

"Nothing."

"Oh please. My face hurts from watching you smile."

"It's Michael. We're going to dinner Friday."

"Well shit. It's about damn time." Dominique puts her hand on her hip. Brandi covers her face with her hands.

"Are you serious?" She nods.

"That boy has been trying to get you to go out with him for the longest. I've never seen him like that with anybody." Dominique takes her hands. "I really hope this works out."

"Me too." The two go to her office. "Who's Bobby Mercer?" Dominique looks at her.

"How do you know that name?"

"Braun was looking for you the other night. I saw him talking to Alexa—"

"He was talking to Alexa? About what?"

"Someone named Bobby Mercer. About how he's in town." Dominique sighs as she sits in her chair.

"Bobby's my ex boyfriend from high school."

"I thought Dolph—"

"Dolph was my rebound from Bobby."

"I'm sorry. I—"

"No. I'm glad you told me. He won't talk to me about it so he talks to Alexa... the bitch that teased him in high school." Dominique scoffs. "Anyways. Back to you. Where is he taking you?"

"We're getting sushi."

"Good for you girl. Roman loves it. I can't stand it. Michael will take you to one of the best."

"What should I wear?"

"Whatever makes you comfortable. Just be yourself. You'll do fine."

➳➳➳➳➳┄┄※┄┄➳➳➳➳➳