6.0

August

Dominique walks into the precinct with coffee and a bag.

"Good morning everyone." She says brightly. They all greet her. "Is my father in his office?"

"Yes ma'am." Staff Sergeant Collins says.

"Thank you Adam." She smiles. She goes straight to the back and knocks on the door. "Dad?"

"Come in sweetheart." She opens the door.

"I brought coffee. And a sandwich." She holds up the bag.

"Thank you, I'm starving." she sits down and puts the food on his desk. "How did you know?"

"Didn't. Just thought I'd stop by and say hi." Idris raises his eyebrow.

"And?" He goes into the bag and takes out his sandwich.

"And... I was wondering if I could come by for dinner tonight."

"Of course. I'd love to have your company. What about Braun?"

"He can handle a night by himself." Dominique gets a text from Brandi. "I gotta head to the club. I'll see you at 7?"

"See you then. Thanks for lunch." Dominique smiles. She goes out the door of her dad's office and gets ready to leave the precinct when she hears her father's voice. "Alright everyone! I got word from the higher ups that there's been a growing trend in cocaine on the streets."

"Shit." Dominique whispers.

"If we don't wrap this up ourselves, the DEA will come knocking on our door and that will draw a lot of headaches and paperwork. So let's keep our eyes and ears open alright?" Dom quickly leaves. She was planning on telling her dad tonight at dinner, but now she definitely will.

➳➳➳➳➳┄┄※┄┄➳➳➳➳➳

"Por favor! Please! Don't do this!" The man pleads. "I have a family. Please! I'm sor—" a bullet goes through his head and his body goes limp and falls to the floor.

Alberto pulls out a handkerchief and wipes the blood off his face and sighs.

"Clean that up." He says to his men. They drag the body away and he goes back inside. Alberto takes off his white blood stained shirt.

"How did that go?" Zelina turns the corner and comes into the view.

"He pleaded. And begged." Zelina rolls her eyes.

"Why can't these men take an execution like men? They always have to cry and beg." Alberto buttons up a light blue shirt.

"I don't know." He sits down in his chair and sighs. "Do you ever get tired of doing the same old thing?" Zelina furrows her eyebrows.

"Meaning..."

"Meaning, have you ever thought about getting out of the life?"

"Are you ok? You going through some midlife crisis or some shit?" He shrugs.

"I just get tired sometimes Z. I mean I don't want to do this until I'm old and wrinkled. I want to settle down, have a kid maybe. Someone to pass all this onto. Don't you ever think about that?"

"You're talking crazy boss. Let me get you some tequila." She goes into the closet and grabs a bottle and two glasses. "How's it going with the four musketeers?" She asks as she pours.

"So far so good. No problems."

"That's good. They stay in line because they fear you. And for the money. Especially Dean." She takes a sip. "He's very eager. He has potential for this."