Living In Hope

It was the Raw after Wrestlemania, and Lexi and Josh had planned a joint celebration. Backstage, they were both getting themselves ready. Josh had one of his trademark wrestling shirts on, while Lexi was getting her hair and make-up done. With his title draped over his shoulder, 

Josh: Guess who!

Lexi: Hmm, would it be my gorgeous, hunky, boyfriend, who would also be the new Intercontinental Champion by any chance?

Josh lifted his hands from her eyes and revealed himself.

Josh: Got it in one babe...

Lexi giggled as her make up was finished and Josh then noticed she was wearing the same wrestling shirt as he was.

Josh: But... How did...?

Lexi just kissed him before she replied to him.

Lexi: Well, I saw you wearing it before we met up with Finn, so yeah, thought I'd get one for myself!

Josh: Cheeky, now come on, our celebration segment is up next...

They made their way to gorilla, and Josh's theme hit, with both of them doing their joint entrance of kissing on the ramp, holding hands while on the way to the ring, and then kissing once more with Lexi standing on the apron, and Josh inside the ring, leaning against the ropes as they kissed. Their entrance received a very loud pop from the crowd, as Lexi got in the ring, she asked for a mic.

Lexi: Last night at Wrestlemania was arguably the biggest night of our careers. I managed to beat Nia to win back this title, and as for this lovable one... he managed to beat Braun Strowman to win back what he never lost... that Intercontinental title. So tonight, we are holding our very own celebration, and you're all invited!

The crowd cheered loudly, but their cheers soon turned to boos when Riott Squad members Ruby and Sarah made their way to the ring. They had turned on Liv on the Raw before Wrestlemania, thanks to her being pinned and losing a match for the team. But Liv got the last laugh, when she eliminated both Ruby and Sarah to win the women's battle royal.

Ruby: Aww, isn't this special? The happy couple, with a celebration for their big wins last night! Boring... seen it all before... I think we all saw something like this coming... 

Lexi: Yeah, whatever, Ruby, what is your point?

Ruby: Our point is... WE are here to make a statement... So allow me to introduce the newest member of the Riott Squad...

As Ruby finished her little speech, an unfamiliar theme played throughout the arena, belonging to the NXT newcomer, Lacey Evans.

Lacey: Alexa... you don't deserve to be champion. That belt you're holding belongs to a REAL woman.

Sarah: Oh, and don't think we've left you out, Josh, because, we pulled some strings, and you have to defend your title tonight against this man...

Josh looked on as Bobby Lashley's theme hit and out he came, with Lio Rush, as the Riott Squad remained at ringside, as did Lexi.

15 minutes later...

Lexi watched on as Bobby absolutely tore apart Josh for a majority of the match, and looked on course to win the title, but somehow, Josh countered the spear and Bobby went shoulder first into the ring post. But before Josh could capitalise, Sarah and Ruby grabbed hold of Alexa, and with Lio directing traffic, Lacey then delivered a Woman's Right to Alexa, knocking her out cold. Josh was distracted by this, and as Bobby recovered, he went for a roll-up.

Ref: 1...2...

Josh kicked out, avoided a clothesline from Bobby and while his back was turned, Josh nailed a superkick to the back of Bobby's head which made him fall face down in the ring, and then locked in The Darkest Hour submission hold, a Boston crab while laying down on the back of Bobby and pulling his legs, contorting his lower body a little. After hanging on in there, the pain became too much, and Lashley tapped. Just as Lio tried to attack Josh, the champion immediately saw it coming, and hit The 25th Hour on Rush. He then stared down The Riott Squad, who backed down as Josh tended to Lexi, who was slowly beginning to come to. The crowd cheered as Josh carried Lexi bridal style backstage.