A Family Reunion

A week later, Lexi and Josh were packing their things, ready to go to France for a week. Ethan was crawling around on the bed, laughing.

Lexi: What are you laughing at, short stuff?

Josh: I think he's laughing at what you're packing... he's happy of the fact that you're packing his favorite clothes that you wear.

Lexi: Fair dos, anyway, he could use a feed before we go, are you okay packing?

Josh: Babe, come on, it's not like I haven't packed a suitcase before...

Lexi: Okay then, I'll leave you to it, come on, Eth...

She picked up Ethan and headed down to get a bottle of milk from the fridge, while Josh folded up clothes and finished his packing. Thinking Lexi would be a while, he also took the opportunity to pack Lex's stuff as well, as he knew what her favorite clothes were. By the time Lexi got back from feeding Ethan, she was in shock as to what was before her. Josh was sitting on the bed, with their suitcases either side, as well as Ethan's little backpack.

Lexi: But... how did...

Josh: I noticed some of your favourite stuff wasn't packed yet, so I packed that along with other bits and pieces we might need. Come on then, our flight leaves soon...

Lexi smiled at him as he took the cases downstairs and then waited for a taxi. While that was going on, she thought of something to ask him.

Lexi: Joshy, can I ask you something?

Josh: Go ahead.

Lexi: About your dad, do you know where he is?

Josh looked at her for a few seconds before sighing and then answering.

Josh: Sadly, no, I don't. If you're wondering why, it's because he was the one who told me to live my dream and become a wrestler. He told me to flee the nest at 18, which is what I did. After a couple of years in Japan, I thought it would be a good idea to visit, but when I got home, I saw that nobody was there. My mum, dad, brother and sister had all moved out. They didn't even bother telling me.

Lexi could see he was tearing up, as Ethan moaned for Josh to hold and cuddle him, which he did.

Josh: That letter back at Christmas was the first time I had heard from him in about 6, maybe 7 years. That's why I was so emotional about him letting me know about my mum passing away.

Lexi: You never did mention your family to me...

Josh: That's because there wasn't much to tell. Dad was your average guy, 9-5 job, earning the keep. Mum was a cleaner, would always fuss at the slightest bit of dirt in the house.

Lexi: What about your brother and sister?

Josh: My brother, Callum, the last time I heard from him was when he was training to be a professional footballer, but he had to give it up due to a serious injury in his ankle. As for my sister, Ellie, she went on to become a flight attendant... God, I miss them all so much, I'd give anything to see them again...

Lexi saw he had now completely broken down and tears flooded his face, and even Lexi let a few tears out as Ethan saw his parents were crying, and gently tried to wipe the tears away from their faces. They both laughed at their son.

Josh: Come on, kiddo, time to go to Disneyland!

After a long flight, the family then arrived in France, and got a taxi to Disneyland Paris. When they got there, it was almost dark, so they decided to just go to the hotel and rest, as they were all tired. Ethan was already asleep...