Resisting Her Advances

It was a couple of days later, when Josh and Lexi were at the doctor's. They wanted to find out the gender of their baby as soon as they could.

Lexi: So, what are you thinking?

Josh: I'm gonna guess a boy.

Lexi: I'm gonna go with girl, you know what they say about a mother's instinct!

Josh: Fair do's. But I know I will be right!

Lexi: Ok then, Mr Cocky, time to find out...

They then got up and made their way to the doctor's little room.

Doctor: So, how is everything? Any problems with the baby at all?

Lexi: Nope, it's been fine, besides the weird cravings...

Doctor: Happens to everyone when they get pregnant. I remember one patient I met, her cravings included cheeseburgers and jellybeans!

All three laughed as Lexi laid down on the table, and revealed her bump.

Lexi: Still can't believe this little bump will be a baby in the future, we really wanna know!

Doctor: Okay, here we go, this may be a bit cold...

Josh held her hand as the special gel was rubbed over her stomach and then the scan took place. Lexi teared up at the sight of a baby growing inside her.

Josh: Wow, that's our baby?

Doctor: Yes, it is. As you can see, it looks to be perfectly healthy, so there will be no problems.

Lexi: So, what's the gender?

Doctor: You're having a... boy, congratulations.

Josh: Wow... our little boy!

Lexi: He's adorable, I love him already!

They both cried tears of joy, and got a picture of the ultrasound for them to take home. As they then got home, Lexi kissed Josh and went upstairs for a nap, while Josh put the picture of the ultrasound on the fridge, and admired it for a few minutes. He then snapped out of it, as he received a text from Natasha, his ex who tried to kill him.

Natasha: So, I hear Lexi's engaged and pregnant.

Josh: And what do you wanna do about it?

Natasha: Nothing... except get you back.

Josh: Oh, please! You honestly expect me to take you back after what you did to me?

Natasha: You're not still on that, are you?

Josh: You tried to kill me, Natasha. Out of pure jealousy. From what I can see, you'rte still jealous.

Natasha: I'd rather not talk about it, I just want you back.

Josh: You need to accept the facts, Natasha. Me and you are done. Whatever chance you did have went away in the crash.

Natasha: You'll regret making that decision, Josh... mark my words.

Josh: Sure...

Josh then locked his phone and went upstairs to check on Lexi, who was now fast asleep in bed, with a smile on her face. He went and kissed her forehead, and in turn, moaned happily as she snuggled into her pillow. He then went and prepared some food for her.

Josh: Hmm, what would she like?

He looked through the fridge and freezer before he made a surprising discovery...