Returning To Glory

A week later, with Ethan staying at home with Callum and Ellie, Josh and Lexi were making their debut on Smackdown in an 8 person mixed tag match. It was them, tagging with Finn and Bayley, against The Bar, Sonya and Mandy.

Josh: Well, my first night on Smackdown...

Bayley: And ours!

Josh: Yes, yours and Finn's too, Bay!

Bayley: Sorry, I'm just excited about all of us teaming up together for the first time ever!

Finn: And we will tear it down, you just watch...

The 4 then shared a group hug, and as they made their way to gorilla, 2 familiar faces surprised them with their appearance.

Josh: Sash?! Seth?! What are you guys doing here?

Sasha: Well, let's just say you guys weren't the only couple from Raw to get shaken up...

Seth: And also, the US title and IC title were gonna be switching as well, so in a way, I kinda had to switch, with Lana and Rusev off to Raw with his US title.

Josh: Ahh, so who else switched?

Sasha: Naomi, and the Usos, and a few others. Becky and Charlotte as well, they're on Raw.

Finn: Oh well, you girls will have to wait for your 4 horsewomen reunion...

Bayley: It'll come, soon enough...

Lexi: I kinda feel left out of all this 4 horsewomen business...

As the group spoke, Smackdown GM Paige then interrupted.

Paige: So, our new arrivals... welcome to you all! I guess I'd better tell you what the plan is for each of you. First, Lexi and Josh, seeing the success you two had on Raw, we're gonna keep you together for a short feud with The Miz and Maryse, and then after that, both of you will qualify for your Money In The Bank matches in couple of months time.

Josh: Wow! Will we be winning the briefcases?

Paige: I'll be telling you at a later date, but right now, we are definitely thinking of having the first ever Mr and Mrs Money In The Bank with you two.

Lexi: Wow! That's amazing!

Paige: As for you, Finn, we're gonna be reuniting you with your old feuding partner, Samoa Joe, for the WWE title, And Seth, at Backlash, you're gonna be putting that title on the line against the winner of a 20 man battle royal, which is going down next week.

Finn nodded in approval, while Seth smiled at the thought of who he could be facing.

Paige: And as for you Sash, and Bayley, I feel like it's about time you two stole the spotlight once again, so next week, you two will be in two triple threat matches to determine who will face the Smackdown Women's Champion, Peyton Royce in another triple threat at Backlash.

Sasha: And we'll be winning them?

Paige: Yep. Sasha, you'll be against Naomi and Mandy, and Bayley, you'll be against Sonya and Billie. Now, I've gotta go for a meeting, so I'll catch you guys later! Have fun tonight!

Paige then dashed off, leaving the group to split up and go to get ready. After the match, in which Josh and Finn got the win for their team by hitting their finishers on Sheamus and Cesaro at the same time, they went back to their hotel, and Josh was in deep thought. 

Lexi: Babe? You okay?

Josh: It's just... this is a huge step for me, potentially becoming Mr Money In The Bank...