Chapter Four

Chanyeol:

"You're getting married??" I was in shock.

"Yes. Father arranged it." Yoora said serenely from her seat in the kitchen.

"Arranged it?" I stared at her in shock. "Arranged marriage? Is that still a thing?"

"You know father wants an heir for the company. He's working on a merger with Byun INC."

"Why are you so calm about this?" I tugged at her arm and she pulled away, standing up to pull a bottle of the pineapple water she liked out of the fridge.

"Because it wouldn't change anything even if I was mad. You know father. Once his mind is set, its set."

"That's true." I muttered. "So he wants you to what, marry this guy and have perfect little CEO babies?"

"Basically." I scoffed and she gave me a smirk.

"Do you even know what this guy looks like?" I asked.

"Not yet." She frowned and took a long sip from the bottle.

"Well, I want to meet him when you do."

"The engagement party is this weekend. You can meet him then." She drifted back to the pots on the stove that were bubbling away.

"I'm performing on Friday." I groaned and spun around on her kitchen bar stool. "I have to come all the way back here?" She smiled at me and nodded slowly.

"It'll be fun. We get to drink on dad's dime for once."

"How was Bucheon?" Kyungsoo asked as I reluctantly handed him back his car keys.

"Cold." I pouted when he hung them on the wall.

"It IS winter. Everywhere is cold. I was talking about the people." He rolled his eyes and we headed deeper inside his house to the recording studio he'd just built a few months ago.

"The people were friendly. Some more friendly than others." I grinned at him and wiggled my eyebrows.

"Eww. Don't talk to me about your sex life."

"I never said anything about sex!" I blinked my eyes in mock innocence. He gave me his signature blank unimpressed look. It made me laugh. "OK, you got me, I was talking about sex." He sighed loudly and turned back to his instrument tuner.

"Knew it."

"But it was so good and he has - "

"If you finish that sentence, I'm going to punch you in the balls so I don't have to hear about them for the next month." I laughed even as I backed away from him.

"Why are you so violent?"

"It's your fault. You do this to yourself." He muttered and fiddled with some of the buttons, then handed me my guitar and motioned for me to sit and play. I plucked at the strings just to say hello to Matilda again. It was nice holding her in my arms.

"Play the bridge." Kyungsoo said and I did. It was easy enough to remember, only a few chords but I liked the vibe of it. Kyungsoo watched the tuner carefully and gave me a thumbs up when it was all good.

"Did you do anything besides appreciate warm bodies at Mina's wedding?" He asked as he laid down the track for us to alter on his crazy set up. D.O really had the best studio.

"I ..." I shook my head and played the tune of the song Baekhyun had sung at the wedding. "I found someone who has a voice almost as good as yours."