Chapter 12: The Betrayal

"What's going on?" whispered Grace. Her eyes locked nervously on Ryan as she scanned his face for an explanation. She waited for an answer, but nothing came from him.

"This is the first time I have ever had a mudblood in my home before, Miss Parker. You should be honored," said Mr. Carrow.

"I-"

"Do you know why you're here?" he continued. Grace merely shook her head, her heart thumping in her chest so loudly she feared the others could hear it.

Ryan glanced at Grace out of the corner of his eye before keeping a strong gaze on his father.

"Your silly headmaster is underestimating the great power of my master. The Dark Lord wants to send Dumbledore a message. What better way to get the point across than snatching a mudblood student from his school and torturing her a bit?"

A quiet, shaky gasp escaped Grace's lips. She took a step back in shock and fear. Ryan quickly gripped her arm.

"Let go of me!" she shouted, shooting him a look of disgust. "Tell me what's happening!" Ryan's grasp, however, only tightened at her struggling.

"Now, now, Miss Parker, there's no need to yell. I would be happy to enlighten you on the situation," Mr. Carrow started. "You see, the Dark Lord asked Ryan to find a mudblood. It was important for Ryan to get you as comfortable with him as possible so you wouldn't make much of a fuss when he tried to bring you here."

Grace turned to Ryan, her mouth dropping open slightly.

"So this whole time-" began Grace, but Ryan cut her off.

"I needed a mudblood. You were so innocent and weak. I was drawn to you. The Dark Lord gave me task. Why couldn't I have a little fun while I did it? I made you my girlfriend, I got to control you, and we had some-" Ryan stopped as a smirk formed on his lips. "-pretty good times." He took a step closer, putting his hand on her hip, his fingertips lightly brushing over the skin that was peeking out at the bottom of her shirt. "Didn't we, Grace?"

Grace's eyes brimmed with tears. She felt like she was going to vomit.

"Good times?" She blinked a few times to push back the tears. "You hurt me. You lied to me. All this time, this toxic relationship that I've been trapped in, has been a fake."

The front door opened and closed once again, but Grace didn't dare break her eye contact with Ryan.

"The Dark Lord will be arriving soon, son," Mr. Carrow said. "We can't have her moving around and trying to escape."

"I can handle it," replied Ryan. He pulled out his wand, muttering a full body-bind curse, which almost completely immobilized Grace. Before she could fall, the boy caught her and scooped her up in his arms, carrying her over to the table before laying her down on it.

"Let's have some fun with her before the Dark Lord arrives, shall we?" Mr. Carrow said. "Who would like to start?" His eyes landed near the front door, where the recently arrived figure stood. "What about you, Noah Dolohov?"