Chapter 15: Control

Grace's gaze rested firmly on Ryan Carrow as he walked along the corridor. His footsteps echoed down the quiet hallway. Not one student was in sight due to the late hour.

Her eyes fixated on him. Her stare was blank, yet determined. Once he was just a few yards away, she began to walk toward Ryan.

What would Ryan think? Grace was supposed to be in the dungeon of the Carrow estate right now.

Grace was too eager to approach him to dwell on this thought, or even notice that Noah had just entered the castle.

"Ryan," started Grace, her eyes filled with a fire that was burning deep inside of her. "Let's go to the Slytherin dormitory."

Ryan's face perked up, an eyebrow raised as he looked down at her. Grace waited for a look of shock, one that was wondering how on earth she could have escaped captivity from a bunch of deatheaters, but it never came.

"You know I can't refuse," he said simply, replying with a smirk.

His words went in one ear and out the other. Grace couldn't focus on anything he was saying, but that didn't matter. She quickly grabbed his hand and led the way.

Noah, however, was listening intently to their conversation. He quickened his pace, utterly confused why Grace was voluntarily holding hands with her tormentor.

You have to be in control, Grace, she thought to herself, continuing to pull Ryan along behind her.

Once they reached the Slytherin common room, Ryan pushed the door open and they stepped inside. Before the door could even close, Noah slipped in behind them.

"Let's go to your room. We're having sex," Grace said flatly, her eyes emotionless.

Ryan didn't hesitate to guide Grace toward the staircase. However, before she could even take a step, she was interrupted.

"Grace, you are not doing this!" Noah shouted, his face holding an expression of complete disbelief.

Grace ignored his words, continuing to walk, but Noah wasn't having it. He strutted over to Grace and Ryan, ripping her hand out of his grip.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Noah scanned her face for an answer, for something, for anything, but there was nothing to be found. No one seemed to be behind those eyes.

Grace sighed, growing impatient. She locked her gaze on Noah.

"Fine. If I can't sleep with him, I'll do it with you." As soon as the words left her lips, Grace snatched Noah's hand, dragging him toward his dormitory.

She pushed open the door, immediately shoving Noah onto the bed. Grace climbed on top of him, pinning his arms down.

"What are you doing?" Noah asked, anger and confusion dripping from his voice. "Get off. This isn't right."

"Shh, it's fine. We're just having fun," she said, reaching to unbuckle his belt. Noah swatted her hands away.

"Stop fighting me, Noah."

With Grace's hands occupied, Noah took his opportunity. He grabbed onto her arms and flipped her over so that he was now on top of Grace, pinning her down.

"Grace, what the fuck is going on?"

Grace groaned, swearing under her breath.

"I have to be in control!" she yelled. She kicked her legs, struggling to get out of his grasp.

"What does that me-"

"I have to be in control!" She continued to kick her legs, using all of her might to get out from underneath him. Noah tightened his grasp on Grace who was violently thrashing around.

"You said that, but-"

"I have to be in control! I have to know how he felt!"

Everything came to a halt.

Grace stopped moving around. Noah loosened his grip. They simply stared at one another, tears leaking from the corners of Grace's eyes.

"I-I-" she croaked out. Her voice shook, her body beginning to tremble. Her eyes softened, pooling with emotion.

Noah quickly got off of her, settling next to Grace instead. He helped her sit up.

"I have to be in control," she whispered.

Noah turned away from Grace. He leaned forward, his elbows resting on his knees. His gaze drifted to the floor. He was beginning to connect the dots. Her actions and words, although they seemed crazy, started to make sense to him. Noah's heart shattered once he understood. He let out a sigh before speaking.

"You have to know how he felt."