Chapter 3: Sweet Chaos

"Hey hello? In whose thoughts are you lost?" Richael smirked and poked Ashley.
"Aha... Lost in your thoughts darling."Ashley laughed and poked back.

Ashley had been in and out of her dream world ever since she saw Nick and that senior girl dancing. She would recreate the moment, in her dream world, with tweaks. In her version, it was her who was holding Nick's hand. It was her who was dancing with him. She would get goosebumps every time she imagined Nick putting one hand on her lower back. Ashley was in love. It was this sweet chaos of feelings that she had been waiting for so long. The only thing she needed right now was to think up a way to start a conversation with him. Her usual adviser had been Richael but this time she hesitated. She thought Richael might mock her because Nick was much older than her. It was the first ever secret that Ashley kept from Richael.

In the days that followed, Ashley became more and more curious about what Nick was doing in class. She would glance and exchange a wide smile every chance she got. The sight of that senior girl anywhere in college would remind her of the dance and make her jealous and angry. Ashleybecame more aware of how she looked and what she wore. She started reading articles like "how to make a guy fall in love with you" and "how do you know if a guy likes you". She would come up with a master plan each day but could never gather guts to execute it at the right moment.

Ashley rushed to the club, as usual, after the classes. She was surprised to see the club closed.
"Hi." Ashley froze as she recognized that deep husky voice. She shyly turned around. It was Nick.

"Hi." Ashley replied shyly with a smile.

Nick walked past her smiling and started opening the door.

"Sin Sir would be taking the second half today. He had something urgent to attend to. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Thank you God for this inconvenience: Ashley prayed in her mind. She knew this was her only chance to execute all the master plan she devised.

"Oh! It's okay. Sir! Can I sit in the office until the second half?"

"Absolutely."

Nick smiled and walked in. Ashley followed him like a small child who I just about to receive an ice cream. Sin put down his bag and started warming up. Ashley walked towards the office slowly. She wanted to make the most of this chance she got. She knew she had to say something before she opens the office door. But what? She had a list of things to say but was confused what to pick first. Her hand was on the knob. She sighed.

"You are a good dancer. Sin Sir speaks highly of you."

Ashley turned back surprised and happy.

"Thank you." (Blush)

"Have you tried any western dance form? Or do you hate it?" (Laugh)

"No no. I love western dance too. (Smile) I've always wanted to to learn Salsa."

"Aha. It's one of my favorites too. You should learn it. I feel you'll learn it quickly."

Ashley smiled.

"I also loved the dance form you demonstrated last week. Zomba. You are really a good dancer."

"Thank you." (Smile)

"Where did you learn to dance?"

Before he could answer, someone entered the door. It was that senior girl followed by two newbies seconds behind her.

"Is it okay if I tell you my story some other time? I have to take the class now."

"Absolutely. No problem."

Ashley gave a half smile and turned and entered the office. She was exploding inside. She just wished to punch down that senior girl. But then she calmed within minutes and got lost in her daydream when she saw Nick dancing.