Chapter 6: The Confession

"Okay. Do you like anyone in college? 😉"

No! No! Not this question. - cried Ashley in her thoughts. She froze when she read the question. She was the one who was supposed to ask this question. She never expected that Nickwould ask her this question.

Should I tell the truth? I can't lie. We vowed to be honest. I have to decide and answer quickly or else it might make him feel awkward for asking this question. - Ashley thought. She took a deep breath and typed.

"Yes."

"Aha. I'm curious to know who the guy is. 😉"

"🙈"

"Okay. My turn. I too have a crush on someone in college. 😜"

"Really?"

"Yes."

Ashley had mixed reactions hearing his answer. The possibility that the girl whom Nick likes could be her. That made her happy. But the possibility having a chance of 50% made her nervous. What if he likes someone else? Her mind drifted to that music workshop. What if that senior girl was the lucky one?

"Knock knock. Slept?"

Ashley didn't realize that she was so lost in thoughts that she forgot to reply Nick.

"No no. Battery was low. I was looking for the charger."

"Okay. Let's chat tomorrow then. Good night. Take care. 😊"

"Okay. Good night. 😊"

Ashley could not sleep easily that night. She just couldn't get that senior girl and their dance out of her head. She was also nervous because tomorrow it was Nick's turn to ask the question first.

10:00 PM. As usual, Ashley was lying on her bed, with mobile on her tummy. She had butterflies in her stomach the whole day thinking about tonight's conversation. Her heart was pounding nervously as it was almost the time when Nick came online.

"Hey. Are you okay? You seemed lost in today's class."

"Yes. Yes. I'm fine. I was having a mild headache. I'm okay now. 🙂"

"Cool. Let's start then. It's my turn today right? 🤔"

"Yes."

"Okay. So who is that lucky guy whom you like? 😊"

"😩. I knew you would ask this. I don't want to answer. Please. 😭"

"You have to. Game rules. Remember the vow? 😜"

"Hmm. Okay... It's you..."

"Aha. I knew it. 😊"

"What? How?"

"Well... I'm good at reading people. Body language and eyes express more than you can imagine. 😉"

"🙈. So you knew it all along? I wish I had your skill. Your turn to answer."

"He he. I don't want to answer. I'll answer tomorrow. 😛"

"That's cheating. You know the vow and game rules. Answer it now. 😑"

"Okay. Okay. Chill. 😂 My answer is the same as yours. 😊"

"Really?"

Ashley was on cloud nine. She couldn't resist her ecstasy. She got up from her bed and danced like a crazy woman who just won a million.

"Yes. Ever since the day I saw you. 😊"

"Why do you like me?"

"I don't know exactly. I was enchanted by your beauty. Especially those beautiful brown eyes. Then I fell in love with your smile. I don't know how to explain what I feel when I see you. 😊 You turn. You asked your question and I answered. 😜"

Ashley didn't slap her forehead this time because she asked a relevant question.

"I can't explain either. I like everything about you. Your passion for dancing. Your personality. You make me feel safe. You don't judge. I've never felt this way about anyone before. ☺️"

"Me too. 😊"

"😊"

"Let's end our today's game with a dare. What say?"

"Hmm. Okay. ☺️"

"Okay then. I dare you to propose me. 😉"