Chapter 14: The Meeting

8:00 AM.
Ashley plugs in her headphones, puts one in her ear and gives one to Richael. She takes a deep breath and calls Nick.

"Good morning Shizuka. I hope you are coming today. 2:30 PM is the deadline. You remember right?"

"No. I don't want to come."

"Your choice. Make sure to check your Whats-app at 2:30 if you don't plan to come."

"No please. Did you really record everything with the pen?"

"Yes. Each and every session. I even recorded our video calls and I have all the nude selfies you sent me. And yeah, bring my pen. It's not polite to steal someone's property. He he."

"Please Nick. Please delete them. Don't do this to me."

"I might delete them if you come. It's up to you to come or not."

"Fine. I'll come."

Ashleydisconnected the call.

"Good. That's all the proof we need Ashley."

"Richael! Are you sure that we must go?"

"Yes. I've called my friends. They'll be waiting for us outside his building at 2:00 PM."

"Hmm. I have a bad feeling about this."

"Trust me. This will work."

2:00 PM.
Ashley and Richael reach outside Nick's building. Richael's friends, Kyushu and Leo, were already there. They both had a physique similar to bouncers. They were both fitness freaks, whose world revolved around gym and food. Richael explained the plan to everyone once again and asked Ashley to walk in first, just in case Nickwas peeping down from his window or balcony. Others were just about to walk in when they saw Ashley rushing back towards them.

"What happened?"

"There's lot of people and police in the parking lot of Nick's building. Something has happened. We can't go in this situation."

"Shit! Do one thing. Call Nick quickly."

"It's switched off. What should we do?"

"Let's go. Trying calling him on the way back. Kyushu, Leo thanks for coming. I'll call you if we need you again."

They left. Ashley tried callingNick all the way back but it was switched off. It was 2:40 PM but there was nothing unusual on Whats-app. Ashley had a temporary relief. Why is Nick's mobile switched off? Why was the police there in Nick's building?

  5:30 PM.

Ashley woke up terrified as if she had seen Freddie Kruger in her dreams. The lack of sleep had taken it's toll on her body. She didn't know when she dozed off while waiting for some response from Nick. Ashley immediately picked up her mobile. There were no missed calls but her notifications tab were flooded with Whats-app messages from her college group. Did Nick really post her videos? Her hands were shaking while opening Whats-app.

"Oh my God! Richael! Wake up!" yelled Ashley.

Richael, who was also sleeping next to her, woke up confused.

"What?"

"Look!"

{Sam (CSE):
Hey guys. Check the local TV news channel. Our college's Western dance instructor Nick sir was found dead in his flat today at 12 PM.}

Ashley and Richael looked at each other. They rushed to the hall and turned on the TV. Ashleydid not know the channel number. She impatiently browsed from channel 1 until she found it at number 23.

{News Reporter:
"The next news will stir your soul inside out. You won't believe what happened today, at noon, in our beautiful city of Duran. The incident happened today at 12 PM when a maid was going for her job as usual, only to find her employer dead in his flat. Police identified the victim as Nick Sean, a Western dance instructor at Prestige College of Engineering. The initial Police report shows that this instructor was tied up, beaten brutally and then his privates were chopped off. He bled to death. Police suspects that this could be a revenge murder but they can't tell for sure until they receive further reports from the forensics team."}

Ashley and Richael didn't say a word. Ashley burst into tears after a moment and hugged Richael.

"It's over dear. He's gone. Your are safe."