Chapter 4: The Exchange

The secret exchange of glances and smile continued. Ashley felt that Nick's smile added a bit more curve after their conversation. She was now looking forward to the day when Nick will tell her his story.

The classical class was over and everyone was preparing to leave. Ashley turned back to take a look at Nick before leaving. She was surprised to see him waving her to come into the office. Ashley wanted to run to him but then she controlled herself and walked casually. She did not want to grasp anyone's attention.

"Hi Ashley. There is a friend of mine who is looking for jazz dancers for his music video. Are you interested?"

"Oh great. Yes. I'm interested. Which day is the shoot?"

"I don't know the complete details. I'll ask him and let you know by tomorrow okay. Oh! Tomorrow is holiday right? Give me your number, I'll text you the details after asking."

Either universe is working in my favor or Nick is a player who just did a smooth move to get my number - Ashleythought.

"Sure. It's 8**4**78**."

"Thank you. I'll text you the details soon."

"Okay."

Ashley smiled and left because Sin came in. She could not keep her mobile aside for the rest of the evening. Each notification tone made her jump and act like a kid opening her birthday present.

Morning. 9 AM.
*Text notification sound*

Ashleyrushed and swiped open her mobile.

"Hi Ashley. My friend postponed the video shoot. I'm sorry. I've asked him to inform me whenever he's planning to shoot again."-Nick

"It's okay. Let me know when he's shooting again. 😊"

Ashley now doubted if really there was a friend shooting music video. But then she ignored the thought as she was happy to finally get Nick s number. The first thing she did after saving his number, was to go and check his Whats-app profile pic. She wanted to save his profile pic so that she could see his face whenever her heart wished. She was not content with the momentary glimpses she got in class. Unfortunately she could not find his profile on Whats-app. Next she checked Facebook. Surprisingly he was not there either. She got upset. How can someone live without social media - she thought.Ashley started devising a plan to somehow secretly take a picture of him in class. Before she could get lost in her daydream, another text came in.

"Knock knock. Are you free? You wanted to know my story right? 😊"

"Yes. 😊 But are you going to tell the whole story over text msg? 😮"

"Aha. Of course not. Do you use Hike?"

"No. But I'll install it now."

"Cool. Install and add me there. 😊"

Hike! The unrated version of Whats-app. Ashley had heard about it's cool gifs and animated smileys, but never installed it as most of her friends were either on Whats-app or on Facebook. It's good in a way - she thought. She'll have privacy on Hike. She quickly installed the app and addedNick. Nick had "S" alphabet as his profile pic. Ashley was irritated. Now she'll have a to devise a plan for sure. Nick told her everything about his passion for dancing, how he end up in engineering and what his future plans were. Every small detail about Nick made Ashleyfall more in love with him.

"Oh! It's 2 AM. Let's continue tomorrow okay. 😊"

"Yes. I didn't notice the time. 😅 Thank you for sharing your story with me. Good night. 😊"

"You're welcome. Good night. Take care. 😊"