Chapter 15: Reveal

"And the student of the year is, Ashley Greene, Computer Science."

Ashley   walked up to the stage amidst a cheering crowd and received her degree. Ashley was dressed in her graduation robe, holding her degree and taking a picture with her folks. She was the Student of the Year and also received a full scholarship to pursue Masters in Performing Arts from Boston Conservatory. Everyone saw and envied the wide smile on her face and her successful life ahead. But no one noticed her eyes. If anyone looked careful enough, they would see 2 years of nightmares, sleepless nights and social anxiety which she overcame alone by immersing herself into dance and studies. Ashley's priorities changed. Ashley didn't want anyone to be in a situation like her. She eventually graduated from Boston Conservatory and co-founded a successful dance theater company that was a success worldwide. Their plays were mainly focused on women empowerment and safety.

Years passed in the blink of an eye. No one ever found the culprit behind Nick's murder. And so, it became another rotting file in the dusty corner of Duran Police Headquarter's pending cases cupboard. Ashley would think about Nick's murder at least once a day. She would rewind the time in her head and try to point out the suspect or rather the angel who saved her life. She wanted to thank the person. She initially suspected the senior girl but she had to dismiss it because she heard that the senior girl moved to Canada within 2 days of her video leak.

Someday. 9:00 PM.

Ashley returned home from her practice. Her team was going to Europe the next day to perform at the International Dance Festival. She was tired. She removed her clothes and slipped into the hot bath tub. She felt relaxed. She closed her eyes and flew into the past. Moments later, she stood up with her eyes wide open. She finally realized who did it.

"Thank you." she mumbled and teared up.

.................THE END..................