22 | a plaster on a gash

'my worst fear isn't the storm, but the fallout that follows it.'

IN ALL THE RUSH of getting Minhyuk into an ambulance, calling James to make sure he was okay and pacing up and down the hospital waiting rooms, Ri completely forgot about the data dump bomb

IN ALL THE RUSH of getting Minhyuk into an ambulance, calling James to make sure he was okay and pacing up and down the hospital waiting rooms, Ri completely forgot about the data dump bomb. She only remembered because Monday piped up suddenly,

"Miss, what should I do with the virus at LuNa?"

"Right, god, okay." Ri swiveled around and marched to the closest empty seat. Her mind was blank save for thoughts of Minhyuk. She hadn't even thought about the damn virus. "Bring it up, Monday. Let's see our options."

"They're not looking too good, Miss." Monday dutifully did as she was told and the screen came to life. The virus looked like something out of a Matrix movie, green numbers and letters scrolling way too fast for Ri to catch on to any details. "I can't go anywhere near it and I believe this is beyond Miss Pepper."

"We don't have anyone else-"

"Miss Cavanagh?"

Ri jumped out of her seat at the sudden call. She looked up to see a tall, Asian man standing in front of her. His shiny black hair had started to grey around his temples, but nothing other than that and the crows feet around his eyes that betrayed his age. And his eyes. She could see barely held back panic and anger clouding them, giving away what is poised exterior didn't.

"You're Mister Kim Young-joon," she was standing before a literal legend of cyber security. A man who had built his empire out of nothing but scraps. Ri had guessed multiple times at the kind of relationship Minhyuk shared with his father, but family hadn't really been a thing either of them had spoken about before.

A burly, muscular man stepped closer to Mister Kim's side. A bodyguard, Ri guessed. She looked at him expectantly but he remained eerily silent.

"We need to talk," Mister Kim's voice was calm and commanding. He spoke with a smooth British accent which didn't hint at all at the kind of hard life he'd led. "If you would please come with us?"

The question was less of a request and more of an order. Ri nodded and slipped her phone into her pocket, "Of course."

"Right this way," Mister Kim turned around, his coat flaring out behind him as he started to march through the hospital hallway. His bodyguard stared at her until she pulled herself to her feet and followed obediently behind them.

This was not good. Ri was either in huge trouble because she'd let a rogue artificial intelligence wreak havoc on their systems. Or she was going to be interrogated about the whole Ingrid and Oliver situation and honestly, that was just worse.

He was like Minhyuk's brother, she could tell how much the betrayal had devastated him. Oliver being thrown behind bars would this would be just dessert for what he did, but it would break Minhyuk's heart.