23 | the universe of us

'He and I collided like two predestined stars and in that brief moment I felt what it was like to be immortal.' 

- Lang Leav

RI HATED WAITING FOR time to pass

RI HATED WAITING FOR time to pass. It was one of those things she'd picked up from her grandmother. She always said clocks reminded her of death. Going back to Harrows and leaving Minhyuk in London was hard. She wanted to stay until he woke up, wanted to yell and shout and cry and thank him. Ri hated the lack of certainty that came with being so far away.

Especially when he still hadn't woken up. She was sure she'd go mad by the end of the week.

Sure, Mister Kim had given Ri his personal phone number but she was way too shy to call him. Hari was also recovering and it didn't feel right to bother her about her brother's progress while she was in the same boat. So Ri was left to stew in her worries and morbid thoughts.

Harrows was a soothing comfort that let her recuperate and collect her strength. The nurse had said she was dehydrated and ordered her to rest for a good week before attempting any strenuous activity. Unfortunately, studying and traveling fell into that category, which led to Ri being completely bored out of her mind.

James was also discharged from the hospital with the same orders for rest and relaxation as her, alongside extra therapist appointments. Which meant he had to stay at home in London. Which then meant she couldn't keep Pepper for herself. Of course, her friend had offered but Ri wasn't that selfish.

Even if it meant she'd have to stay at Harrows alone, with no one she knew for company except Monday and Professor Hart. Which probably wasn't good for her mental health, especially since she hadn't slept properly in a good week now. Every time she closed her eyes, all she could hear and see were the screech of tires, flashes of gunfire and so much blood.

That's what she got, Ri guessed, for being so goddamn dismissive about going to therapy. It's not like she could've afforded it, but she'd have worked something out. Anything was better than this fresh hell.

Ri has spent a lot more time than she'd care to admit up in the Club, surrounded by blankets and sipping tea from a flask. Hours upon hours of just listening to the low noise coming from the open windows under her and the rustling trees, staring out past the grounds. Monday had called it brooding and maybe she was right, but it helped to be in a familiar place.

This morning though, Ri decided it was time for a change. Opening her laptop and setting a steaming flask down on the floor, she heaved a deep breath.

"Monday?"

"Yes, Miss?"

"Let's fix up those unrefined codes, pull up the program please." By unrefined code, Ri meant all the extra things that have been added to Monday's code by both her own free learning system and by Pepper. Stuff like residue from hacking into LuNa's security feeds and the new, aptly named Pinocchio Protocol that she hadn't had time to look at since getting back from London.