36

"That's for being a dick to Heather"
Shawn Mendes

"Ian can you not, I don't want to go out" I slump down on the sofa as I watched Luna play with her dolls. "Come on, what happened?" Ian asks me. I really didn't want to tell anyone it was no ones business.

It hurt me seeing the woman I love looking so beautiful with someone else and she lied to me, she tried to hide her dirty secret which made me more angry than upset.

"Fine don't tell me but it's your birthday! The big twenty four! Now go get ready and get Luna ready" Ian tells me.

"Where mummy gone?" Luna asks me climbing on to my lap. "It doesn't matter hun, come on let's get ready" I pick her up.
-
"Ian I have a child with me, I can't go clubbing" I laugh as I followed the directions he was giving me. "We're not going clubbing you idiot" Ian says shaking his head.

"Oh park here then get out" Ian tells me. I do as he says then take Luna and follow him. "Okay now wait here and when I shout you, you can come in" Ian says rushing inside the building.

I wait patiently holding Luna in my arms. "Is She here?" She asks me. "I don't know love" I tell her.

"Come in!" I hear. I push open the doors seeing my family and friends all yelling "surprise!".

I start grinning as I see everyone, my mum comes up to me giving me a hug. "Happy birthday Hun" she tells me hugging me again.

I look around seeing the venue completely decorated in blue and grey balloons and banners. I meet everyone and soon I have a drink in my hand talking to Spence whilst Luna was playing with some other cousins.

"You know Heather planned all this for you and now I can't even see her anywhere" Spence says looking around. "Heather planned this?" I say.

"Yeah she's been here all day, poor girl lost it over some balloons" Spence laughs.

Oh god I'm such a dick.

"Well if you see her tell her don't tell her that me and Matt are raiding the bar" he laughs walking away. I'm such and idiot, she was telling the truth, I screamed, put a hand on her. She must hate me.

I'm quickly snapped out of my thoughts when Andrew approaches me. "Where's Heather?" He asks me crossing his arms over his chest.

"I-I don't know" I stutter. "We got the balloons when we saw you and then she said she had to go somewhere" he tell me. "She was crying" he says.

"I gotta go" I put my drink down trying to get past everyone but I'm stopped.

"Shawn! Happy birthday" Richard exclaims, oh shit why did I have to bump in to her dad.

"Happy birthday Shawn, here's your gift" Lola smiles handing me a Gucci box, oh why is the universe doing this to me.

"If it doesn't fit tell Heather to tell me" Lola says. "Oh thanks" I send her a small smile.

"Speaking of where is she? I know she's been here since like seven in the morning and now I can't find her. I gave her the day off for this" Richard chuckles looking around.

"Oh erm i don't know" I laugh nervously. I can't tell her dad what I did, I just can't.

"I gotta go Sir, I'll see you guys around" I say whilst walking away to the door.

"Shawn mendes! I'm going to kill you!" Paige says through gritted teeth as she walks over to me. She grabs me by the sleeve pulling me outside. Spence and Ness run outside probably seeing Paige dragging me outside.

"Calm down Paige, it's his birthday" Ness says moving Paige's hand. "I couldn't care less! I want to know why my best friend is at home crying her eyes out when she should be here!" Paige shoves me but I don't move.

"What are you taking about?" Spence asks. "Guys the cake is here" Andrew says walking out, oh this is great.

"Tell them what happened Shawn!" Paige shouts. "Oh Andrew you were there, what happened to Heather?" Paige asks.

"Heather? I last saw her when we got the balloons, she was crying and went somewhere" Andrew says.

"Why was she crying Andrew?" Ness asks. "I don't know but Shawn had just left, she was scared of ruining the surprise" Andrew shrugs.

"Why the fuck was she crying?" Spence grabs me by my collars shoving me in to the wall.

"He thought she was cheating with Andrew, so he lashed out on her" Paige says. Spence lets go of me moving back.

"What?! That's crazy" Andrew exclaims.

I had no words to say, I was in the wrong completely. My eyes filled with tears as I watched her friends all look at me disappointedly.

"Enjoy your party that Heather worked so hard on" Paige shoves past me. "You have no right to cry" Spence spits following Paige.

"She really loves you Shawn" Ness shakes her head the three of them going to Paige's car.

"Are you guys going to Heather?" Andrew asks. "Yeah, you can follow us and Shawn don't you dare show up" Ness tells him.

"No way" I spit. "You're not going to her" out of anger I push Andrew. "Fuck you, you're an idiot to make her cry" he shoves me back.

"Why are you always all over her?" I shout, I let my guilt turn to anger and punch him square in the jaw.

"Oi stop it" Spence quickly shoves me back.

I see Andrew push Spence out the way and he punches me making me tumble back on the floor. "That's for being a dick to Heather" he says.

I see their cars drive away and I break down crying looking up at the sky. I'm such an idiot, I deserved that punch I deserve more pain.

"Shawn get up off the floor, the cake is here" Brian tells me standing in front of me. "And no one can find Heather, she won't answer her phone either" he says helping me up.

"I fucked up Brian" I start sobbing in front of him.