76

Like all my heart, soul and body belonged to him.
Heather Flores
Night before the wedding

"Lola, we have everything ready I promise" I laugh as I grab some water.

"Did you try your dress on again?" She asks. "Yes and the shoes" I tell her.

"And you're sure you don't want a hen do?" She asks again. "I'm sure Lola, we're not doing all that. Just a girls night including Spence and Matt, just drinking and relaxing"

"Okay well I'm gonna grab some wine, anyone want some" She asks standing up. "Me please Mrs Flores" Spence says, yeah my dad finally married Lola, it was a small beautiful ceremony.

I look around the living room smiling as I see everyone. My baby Luna, Lola, Aaliyah, Karen, Paige, Ness, Spence and Matt.

Shawn had left this morning which I really didn't want him to, I had the house to myself where as he went to Brian's, he said something about going to a Travis Scott concert then probably tons of drinking.

I sat between Luna and Aaliyah, Luna crawls on to my lap and whispers in my ear.

"Where daddy?" She asks. She's not very good at whispering so everyone awed.

"Remember I told you baby, he's with uncle Brian then when we put on our pretty dresses tomorrow we'll see him" I tell her bopping her nose.

"But I miss him" she pouts. "Me too babe" I kiss her nose. "But don't you want sleep with auntie Aaliyah? Watch movies and eat those candy's daddy says no to?" I ask her trying to take her mind off of Shawn.

"Candy?" She asks. "Yeah, uncle Spence has them" she quickly hops of my lap running to Spence.

"I can't believe you're not drinking" Paige says sipping her wine. "I don't want to be hungover on my wedding day" I laugh grabbing the cookie dough bites.

"Yeah actually you are not your best when your hungover" Paige laughs. "Oh definitely not" I shake my head. Luna comes crawling back on to my lap feeding me some candy. "Thanks baby" I kiss the top of her head.

"I can't believe you're finally getting married like miss independent is settling" Spence says.

"I'm glad you are though, you and Shawn deserve each other" Lola smiles at me. "He literally would not stop talking about you" Aaliyah tells me putting a smile on my face.

I couldn't believe that just in a matter of hours I would be marrying the love of my life. The one who can make me laugh and smile without saying anything and make me feel special.

My love for Shawn was endless. Like all my heart, soul and body belonged to him.

He was my person.

"Heather he truly loves you" Karen tells me. I look down at my ring, memories of that night in New York flashing through my mind.

"I know, I love him too" I say, I always felt a little shy saying it especially around everyone.

"I can't believe my boy is getting married!" Karen exclaims. "Best believe it Mrs M, our Heather has him wrapped around her finger" Spence chuckles. "I wouldn't want it any other way, Heather you're amazing" Karen smiles.

"I can't wait for you to be my sis in law" Aaliyah nudges me excitedly. "Me too" I giggle.

"Momma can I take a nap?" Luna asks me. She was so used to her school sleeping schedule that even during this summer break she would sleep early which I guess was good for me and Shawn.

"Yeah, come on" She hops of my lap then I stand up taking her hand. "I can do it Heather" Lola suggests. "No it's okay I got it" I tell her then take Luna upstairs.

"Can I sleep in daddy's place?" She asks me as we reach the top of the stairs. I hum a yes then tuck her in. I tell her the story, how the princess finds her own way home, my girl was going to grow up knowing she could handle everything on her own, she didn't need a Knight in a shining armour.

Once she's asleep I send Shawn a picture and I don't expect him to respond as he texted me earlier saying he won't be on his phone much.

I shove my phone in my pocket then turn around seeing my dress hung up. I zip down the bag and trace my hands on the lace looking at it with a huge grin. I zip it back up then when I close the door halfway my phone rings. I take my phone out seeing Andrew was calling.

"Hey Andrew how's everything?" I ask, I left him in charge along with my dad. "Heather I don't want to ruin this night for you at all and I hate to be the one to tell you this..."

He pauses, I felt it in my heart that something had gone wrong. This pause felt like a bad life time.

"Andrew what happened?" I ask, I put my hand on the banister to support my weak body.

"Shawn's in the hospital"

Those four words completely shot me down. I dropped my phone and my legs gave up as I fell to the floor. I didn't have to hear the rest I just knew it was bad by how he started the conversation. I shakily pick my phone up.

"How long?" I ask.

"Ten minutes ago" he says. "Your dad is with him and so am I, also his friends"

"I'm on my way" I shove my phone in my pocket then go downstairs, all eyes on me.

"Heather?" Paige asks. "Paige he's- he's..." I burst out sobbing. She stands up pulling me in to a hug holding me tightly.

"He's in the hospital" I sob. "Oh my god we have to go" Karen gets up along with Aaliyah.

"We'll stay here with Luna" Spence says referring to him, Matt and Ness.

"Honey you can come with us" Karen offers.

I nod taking her hand, she rubs it comfortingly. "Heather, I'll see you there. You're a strong girl okay" Lola kisses my forehead. I nod then Karen leads me out.

"Your shoes Heather" Aaliyah points out. "Oh right yeah" I nod quickly slipping on my trainers.

Aaliyah takes my hand as I sat in the back with her. She puts her head on my shoulder. "He's okay Heather" she tells me. I could only hope and pray her words were true.