81

"Is mummy okay?"
Shawn Mendes

It's been about three weeks since we came back from New York. Heather was acting a little weird for about three-four days, she would keep me up all night like she had a fear to sleep, she would stay beside Luna until the morning or keep herself awake as I slept.

She soon got out of this habit as one day when she came back from work she was so tired she fell asleep on the kitchen table. Her head was down on the table and I turned around so she could try the chicken I had made but she was sleeping. Then after that she was fine.

As for work we both went back, she would drop off Luna in the morning and I would get her in the afternoon. Sometimes Heather would finish late so I took Luna to the hospital after school for a little while then we would go back to my office if I had work.

We were now both cuddled up on sofa and Luna was sat on my lap feeding me strawberries as we watched Aladdin and Heather was on her phone.

"Mummy look monkey!" Luna giggles. "I know darling" Heather laughs still looking down at her phone.

"Here Mummy" Luna passes her a strawberry. "Thank you" Heather then takes Luna from my lap and put her phone down. "You're so gorgeous" Heather kisses her cheeks then begins tickling her making Luna accidentally kick me in the stomach. I lean over and join in their tickle fight.

I begin tickling Heather and Luna helps me. "No... babe stop" She pants grabbing my wrists. I see her colour had faded a little and she looked so tired.

"Mummy you okay?" Luna asks. "Yeah I'm okay" she nods. "Mummy can I play with the ring" Luna asks. Since Luna had set her eyes on heathers ring it became her favourite object due to how it would sparkle.

"I think I'm gonna-" Heather quickly gets up and I follow her to the kitchen where she leans over the bin throwing up. "Yuck Mummy did sick" Luna frowns trying to look at Heather. I hold her hair back and rub her back as she lets it all out.

She then stands up and I take a tissue wiping the sides of her mouth. I pull her into a hug and she holds me tightly. "Did you eat something wrong?" I ask her.

"Maybe" she shrugs. "I had this weird soup yesterday with Paige maybe it was that" she says then pulls back.

"I'm gonna brush my teeth then go to bed, I have an early shift" she goes to kiss me but quickly stops herself. "Sorry" she laughs then walks away. "Shout me if you need anything!" I yell and I hear her mumble an okay.

"Is mummy poorly?" Luna asks me. I pick her up taking her back to the living room. "I think so love" I reply sitting down.

"Should we make a card?" Luna asks me. "Like get well soon Mummy?" I ask and she nods. She runs away to her room then returns holding all the arts and crafts she could carry. She was so cute.

I sat on the floor with her and we began making a card but we had to start over and over again because my little girl doesn't like the way I draw hearts.

"Huh Daddy" Luna gasps. "What happened?" I ask putting the glitter on to the card. "Is mummy crying?" She asks.

My heart drops as I listen closely and I hear faint cries. "Stay here okay doll" I kiss the top of Luna's head then stand up going upstairs.

I expected to see her sat up with her face in her hands but instead she kicking her legs and mumbling words as she cried out. I shut the door so Luna won't hear then I sit beside Heather.

This was so scary, she looked like she was in pain. I take her hand rubbing it gently. "Come on love wake up" I move her hair from her forehead as it was sticking due to how much she was sweating. "Heather darling" I scoot closer and she begins whimpering. "Come on baby, wake up" I kiss the top of her head then begin stroking her hair back.

Her eyes begin flickering open and she looks at me for a second. She lets out a few cries then sits up next to me holding me tightly. "I'm here love, you're okay" I kiss the top her head. Her body jolts as she hiccups in to my shoulder.

"I love you" she repeats several times then pulls back holding my face in her hands. Her eyes were big and innocent. "I love you more Heather" I kiss her nose and she instantly melts in to my arms again.

I rub her back letting her calm down before I spoke again. She abruptly lets go and hops out the bed running to the bathroom. I follow closely then hold her hair as she throws up again. I wince at the sound of her gaging then she looks up.

"Here sit down" I flush the toilet then take her waist sitting her on the counter. I take her toothbrush and begun brushing her teeth for her. She spits out then I give the the mouth wash.

Once she's done she pulls me in by my arm and holds me tightly clutching on to my shirt.

"Is mummy okay?" I hear Luna ask. I turn around and then Heather hops down taking Luna into her arms. "I'm okay love, do you wanna sleep in mummy and daddy's bed?" Heather asks Luna.

"Babe I don't think it's a good idea. What if she gets sick?" I ask putting a hand on the small of her back. "She won't" Heather shakes her head. She looked up at me with pleading eyes, I mean how could I say no.

"You promise you'll go take some medicine first" I tell her. "I will" she nods. She goes over putting Luna in bed then she goes downstairs.

She quickly returns and gets in bed. Luna cuddles up to Heathers body and Heather wraps her arms around Luna. I got in behind Heather kissing the top of her head.

I really hoped she was okay, it truly broke my heart seeing her like this. She looked so tired and confused.

—-
Hi everyone, I just want to say thank you for all the love on this book!!
And I'm bored so let's do a Q&A ask away guys ❤️