91

"Just let me enjoy my birthday with my wife"
Heather Flores
August 8th

"Happy birthday Shawn!" I exclaim walking over to him giving him a hug. "Happy birthday Daddy!" Luna runs over to Shawn and he sweeps her up so she could press a kiss to his cheek. I lean up pecking his lips.

"Thank you girls" he smiles at us. "We made you a birthday breakfast, so sit down" I instructs him going back to the pancakes.

I quickly set up the plates placing the larger stack in front of Shawn and the two pancakes in front of Luna. I stand next to Shawn where he sat and he pulls me in to him leaning down to kiss my stomach.

"How's my boy doing?" He asks smirking. "This boy doesn't stop moving" I chuckle.

We make small talk about Luna and her school stuff then we had to get ready. "Shawn" I call.

He hums a yes following me in to our room. "I'm sorry this appointment is on your birthday" I truly felt bad, he could've gone out maybe had a few drinks with his friends.

"It's okay babe, I really don't mind. Anyway I don't want to do anything, I feel old enough as it is" he chuckles putting my hair behind my ear.

"You're not old, twenty six is not old" I scoff. "Yeah but your twenty three" he pouts. "So?" I ask.

"Nothing" he shakes his head. "You're so beautiful" he kisses my nose. "God I love when you do that" I giggle and he does it again.

"Come on let's go" he reaches down for my hand.

-
"So I'll remind you the due date is October 23rd but sometimes it can be earlier or later which is completely fine" Doctor Gregory tells us.

"And I recommend walking and a bit of exercise. Also have we decided who will be in the room during the birth?" She asks.

I look up at Shawn then back at the doctor. "Just my husband" I nod. I feel Shawn squeeze my thigh under the table showing me he was feeling giddy that I called him my husband.

"Okay perfect, I'll see you soon then" she smiles at us.

We soon leave the doctors and get in my car, I really wanted to drive but Shawn insisted he could do it.

"Shawn, are you okay?" I ask him placing my hand over his. "I'm fine love" he nods then takes my hand kissing my knuckles.

I turn back seeing Luna was sleeping peacefully. "You should go out tonight" I say to him.

"I don't want to, I wanna stay at home with you, Luna and our boy" he says facing the road. "Babe it's your birthday, go out with your friends" I urge I him. I felt so bad, I mean I had gotten him a few gifts. A Burberry belt and wallet, a few new shirts and some new boots but I felt like I was holding him back.

"Why won't you let me just stay at home?" He chuckles but I felt a seriousness in his voice. "Why don't you want to go out? I ask him fiddling with my ring.

"Why can't I just stay at home, stop talking about it Heather!" He shoots. "Shawn you can go out, I'll be fine with Luna at home" I keep my voice quiet knowing Luna was sleeping in the back.

"Heather, I want to stay home with you. Just stop it" his voice was louder than mine letting me know he was angry. "Shawn-"

"Drop it Heather" he quickly cuts me off.

The rest of the drive was silent. I would look up at him then back down at my ring seeing how he looked so annoyed.

Despite our tiff he jogged over helping me out then picked up Luna. He was walking ahead of me then opened the door going upstairs to put Luna to bed whilst I sat down, my body was aching and I was so hungry but I had no energy to get food.

After a while Shawn came down stairs but when straight to the kitchen and I put my legs up putting in an episode of suits.

He soon walks in holding a plate. I watch as he puts the plate down then lifts my legs sitting down, putting my legs on his lap. He grabs the plate then looks over at me.

"Here" he says. I sit up slowly seeing he had chocolate covered strawberries. He leans forward pressing a kiss to my temple. "I'm not mad at you" he says gently.

"I'm sorry" i apologise. "It's okay love" he sighs. "I seriously just wanted to spend my birthday with you. Watching whatever you want, eating everything and talking to your stomach" he admits letting out a chuckle.

"I know and I'm sorry" I look up at him and he moves forward pecking my lips. "It's okay" he reassures me again. "Just let me enjoy my birthday with my wife" he chuckles.

I couldn't wait till I became his wife.