Bonus

"Happy Mother's Day"
Heather Mendes

"Here's your coffee and cake, doc" Spence slides over the coffee cup and container with a heavenly slice of chocolate cake.

"Thanks, Spencer but I'm busy. I gotta go" I sigh getting up from my office chair, it was my dads office but he gave it to me as a gift. Of course he still checks in, he's always here when I need him but the hospital is in my name.

"Go where?" Spence follows beside me. "Well for one, I gotta check on Paige, she just gave birth to your baby" I chuckle tiredly.

Paige excitedly offered to carry a baby for Spence and Matt, she didn't want kids of her own so she insisted on being a surrogate for Spence.

"Crazy, right?" Spence breathes in deeply. I hum in agreement. We reach the private room and walk in, everyone, well not everyone, was here.

"Hey, daddy" Paige smirks at Spence. "Oh hell no! My kid is gonna have to call me bro or something. Society has ruined that word!" Spence shakes his head, going over to his husband, Matt who held their baby boy.

"How're you feeling?" I ask Paige grabbing her clipboard. "Can you not be Doctor Heather for a minute? I've already got Andrew up my ass" Paige chuckles.

"Hey!" Andrew exclaims. "I just care about you" he takes her hand comfortingly.

Yep, Paige and Andrew. The most unexpected couple to ever exist. I believe they hooked up at a party Shawn threw for one of his clients a few years ago and since then they've been smitten.

"I care about you too, Paige" I take her other hand. "I'm okay. Seriously, so you can both stop worrying about me" she smiles sincerely.

I reciprocate the smile then quickly update her form then put it back.

"Hey, Doc!" Spence calls me over, his sleeping baby in his arms. If I'm honest I never imagined him as a father but my eyes were opened when I saw just how much this meant to him and Matt.

"Yes?" I ask walking over. "Can I wake him up?" He asks me.

I chuckle softly which eventually leads to a long yawn. "I'd say no. Trust in me when I say you'll want him to sleep. Little Alfie is gonna have you looking like a zombie" I bring my hands down to the little boy, stroking his soft cheek.

"You look so tired" Ness gets up, placing a hand on my back gently.

"I'm fine. I've got like three hours left" I glance down at my watch that Shawn got me on our seventh anniversary.

"Go home Heather, I got it" Ness insists.

"I'm fine"

Andrew shakes his head at me. "I'm here too"

"No way, Paige needs you-"

"I've got a whole hospital filled with nurses and doctors" Paige cuts me off.

"But-"

"Go" Spence says firmly. "Go home to your sexy ass husband and your adorable mini yous"

I sigh giving in. "Okay but text me, please-"

"Go!" They all shout at me. "Okay, Okay" I chuckle.
-

I pull up to the gates of my beloved home. Punching in the code for the gates to open. Once they do I park my car in the driveway, next to one of Shawn's cars.

For a few moments I stay sat in the silence. The engine turned off and I hear nothing. I lean my head back, my eyes on my home; the modern log home.