Chapter 1

Jason feels like he's burning up, but he's still feelings cold. He has a ice pack on his head and is in a pair of extremely comfy pajama pants. It's currently 3:25 AM and  Tim is at the moment checking his temperature on the thermometer and he sees the younger man's eyebrows furrow.

"104." He says and raises an eyebrow "We should be getting you to the hospital you know." Jason immediately shakes his head and Tim sighs "M'fine Tim, just lemme..." He's reaching for his leather jacket on his nightstand but Tim snatches it away before he can try.

"No Jason, your sick and you need rest." Tim lectures and dumps Jason's jacket in his not so messed up closet (Jason is surprisingly organised) "Besides, the last thing we all need if for you to cough in the middle of grappling and fall to your second death."

Jason winces. Of course Tim still wasn't over the fact that the man who he was now taking care of, had at a point tried to kill him. Jason knows he's just trying to lift up the mood, but then again Tim wasn't exactly a social butterfly like Dickhead.

Speaking of the bastard, Tim had called and informed him of the matter and Dick had replied with a series of 'Is he OK?' and 'Do you need any help?' and so on.

"Dick's a dick, one hundred percent concentrated dick." Jason wheezes through his coughing and Tim sits down next to the lump which Jason assumes his his legs. He wiggles them around to prove it.

"How so?" Tim counters and Jason shrugs, or at least tries to "He just is, you haven't known him long enough to realise that." Tim looks confused "But he's been a great brother, he takes me out sometimes, talks to me about my problems, helped me come to terms with my sexuality."

Tim says the last part a bit quietly and even though Jason is slightly shocked; he replied with "Yeah, cause he knows he fucked his relationship with me and he wants to be numbero uno, but ignoring his first brother just to suck up to you and the Demon Spawn."

He must be drugged cause he has no idea why he's telling his replacement this stuff.

The room is silent for a bit until he feels the ice pack being drawn from his forehead and a pair of chapped yet intriguingly soft lips press against his forehead instead "I'm just going to get you a fresh one."

Jason feels his heart skip a beat and he gulps down the swell of affection bubbling up his throat and pushes back the tears of being taken care of.

Can't help but let those bittersweet memories make haste to the surface.

The times when he was sick, Alfred would give him a warm bowl of soup, or Bruce would come checking on him once in a while. When he would be thinking Jason was asleep, he'd brush his hair back and press his lips to Jason's forehead.

Put he forces them back down just as quickly when his chest constructs painfully so.

"Thanks." Jason mutters weakly when he feels the cold, but not unpleasant, shiver pass through him when the ice pack is placed back on his forehead. Tim only hums in response.

He opens his eyes (which he doesn't remember closing) and yawns sleepily.

"Get some sleep." Tim says and Jason wants to disagree.

But his body shuts down long before he can even frame his thoughts into a sentence.

***

"Jason, sleep." Tim drawls when he sees that Jason is awake and is sluggishly trudging over to his ratty couch in his small apartment. He was at the moment, preparing soup for the older vigilante, but now that Jason is out he's once again worried.

"Stop worrin' Baby bird m'fine." Jason slurs and Tim wouldn't have understood it if he hasn't learned German (I'm sorry 😅).

He feels something break in him when he sees how vulnerable Jason looks in this position, his hair mussed up and eyes droopy with just a glimpse of dark circles around his eyelids. His posture is relaxed and Tim can't help but feel touched that Jason feels comfortable enough with Tim that he'd let his guard down.

To think, that just a few months back, Jason had tried to kill him. But just a month after, asked him out to lunch.

Maybe Jason was bipolar, but Tim still agreed to it. And from there, their relationship evolved to playful punches and the two of them trying to one up eachother every chance they got.

Dick, Bruce, Alfred, Stephanie, Barbara. They'd never get to that level, Tim had come to that conclusion, Cass was already there and Tim knows how much Jason loves her and how protective he is of her. Like most of the family.

Helena wasn't far behind that role, actually, even though her and Jason had recently met maybe a year ago when Helena had just arrived in their dimension in all her 19 year old Glory and started quiet proudly that she'd been the daughter of Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle and was proclaimed as 'Huntress'.

Tim isn't surprised that even Harper and Cullen are in that list of 'People Jason Can Stand And Doesn't Find Annoying'. They had met when Harper, Dick and Cullen were still in suits. He'd taken to them like a duck to water.

Roy and Kori were there too of course, Tim is pretty sure Kori and Jason had something going on before, same with Rose before she'd gone to pursue a relationship with Donna.

Tim is broken out of his trance when he sees that the soup is ready.

"Wow, you can cook too? Tim I think you just won my heart." Jason teases and Tim snorts "You even have one?" "Fair point."

It's chicken noodle soup, Alfred used to make it to him when he was sick and it worked like a charm. Still does. Jason is moaning the moment the heavenly taste floods his taste buds and Tim feels just a little red.

"Timmers this is fucking great where'd you learn this?" Jason asks, completely suprised by the turn of events and Tim sits down next to him "Alfred."

Jason hums "Knew that flavour was familiar."

"You know, Alfred actually asked me to tell you that he'd like you to join in one of your family dinners of Friday." Tim informs and Jason stiffens "You guys have...family dinners?"

Tim is definately caught of guard.

"You didn't know?" Jason all but shoves another spoonful of soup in his mouth for an answer and Tim's suddenly bombarded by a bazaar feeling of overwhelming guilt.

Before he knows what he's doing, he's grabbing the blanket in Jason's room and pouring himself a helping of his own soup; all while Jason watches him suspiciously.

He plops back down next to the older man while their thighs are pressed against each other, throws the blanket over both of them and grabs the remote to the TV.

"They can have their posh family dinners, and we Jason, can have our modern style dinners while sitting in front of the TV and watching some cheesy comedy on Netflix which we both can criticise on." Tim says nonchalantly and Jason opens his mouth.

"Tim---" "Wanna watch 'How I Met Your Mother'?" Tim doesn't even stutter when he cuts Jason off so all the older man does is sigh in defeat and relax against the couch while shoveling another spoon of soup in his mouth.

He doesn't want to admit it.

But he secretly hopes they can do this every Saturday.