Chapter 8

If any of you guys know me, you will know that I like angst. A lot. And you should've expected that I wouldn't let Tim and Jay be happy forever without some bumps in the road.

And if you know me, you'll realize that I also love a lot of hurt Jason. So what I'm trying to say it.

Get ready for the feels.

***

Jason has talked to Tim once in a while, sharing kisses during petrol and flirty banter which made Bruce uncomfortable. It's been maybe two weeks since the start of this weird relationship and Jason really loves ever second of it.

A phone call on Thursday snaps him out of his daze. At first he doesn't answer, but when it continues ringing even after he disconnects (because he knows it isn't any of his friends or Tim) he gives up and picks up.

"Jay what the fuck why didn't you answer!?" Dick sounds panicked on the other end of the line and Jason snorts "It doesn't matter, what's wrong Dickhead?"

"Tim's missing." That's all the motivation Jason needs to start suiting up.

***

Jason needs to work with Nightwing and Batman on this case. The top two people on his hate list. But he'll get through it, just for Tim. Dick doesn't look all too worried about finding Tim as Bruce and that pisses Jason off but he doesn't say anything otherwise.

"Do you even have any fuckin' idea what your even doin'?" Jason all but snarls and Bruce glares at him though the lenses of his mask "I'm trying to find Red Robin, that's the mission."

Jason sighs, removing his helmet, glad for wearing his mask and puts it down next to the Batcomputer "Can I see?"

Bruce reccurently let's him and Jason raises an eyebrow, looking at the last known location Tim was and, with his updated mask which Roy had gifted him, managed to spot just the slightest bit of green in the screen shot Bruce has taken.

"No." Realization dawns on his face and then he's putting on his helmet and making a break for his bike "No no no no no!" Dick tries to follow him "What is it!?"

"Joker." He speeds out of the cave without any regard for his safety. Tim is more important right now.

Jason can only hope that he's alright.

***

Jason knows where Joker has Tim, the same place Joker had taken him. He's going to make Joker pay, he's going to give him a slow and painful death. Make him regret everything.

He busts right threw the door and the sight which greets him tears him apart. It's so gruesome and so fucked up.

Tim is strapped to a chair, getting electrocuted while laughing crazily. There are two scars on either side of his mouth and there are irregular tears streaming down his face. Theirs a note from the other end but Jason doesn't worry about that.

He frees Tim, hugs the laughing boy to his chest and Tim desperately hugs back. Jason knows it's laughing gas.

"It, haha, hurts so much Jay! Ahaha!" He's crying at the same time and Jason's heart clenches, hugs Tim closer to his chest and peppers kisses over his face.

"God Timmy, I'm sorry. So damn sorry." Jason apologizes over and over until Tim's laughter is finally gone, replaced with sobbing and Jason guides Tim through his little panic attack. Moments before Bruce and Dick make it in the batmobile.

"This is YOUR fault!" He yells at Bruce and Dick "If you had arrived even a second later Tim would be dead!" Tim whimpers and Jason winces, unconsciously hugging him tighter while Tim clung closer.

"You two are never coming near him. Ever." He growls lowly and Dick tries to protest but Bruce places a hand over Dick's shoulder, stopping him.

"Get him to the medbay first Hood, we need to patch him up." Jason feels extreme protectiveness seize him but despite that, pushes through and let's the rational part of his brain take over, and he nods. Tim needs mending.

In both ways.

***

Jason only manages to look at the note after he sees Tim in bed and passed out. He runs a hand through the boy's hair and opens the note and growls.

Bruce comes in the moment he does open it and raises an eyebrow "What is that?"

"None of your business." Jason growls back, looking over the note over and over. Rolling it into a ball and tearing it apart "Why the fuck are you here?"

"Jason you may not believe it, but I care about Tim, about you. I don't care what you think but I will always be there for you. " Bruce says calmly. Jason snarks back "If I weren't there in time, Tim would be dead, so you weren't there Bruce. Not for me, not for Tim."

"Jason I---" "Shut the hell up, I told you I didn't want you near Tim. I kept Alfred on the watch. So get out." Bruce winces, but nods and leaves.

"I'm really sorry Jaybird."