Chapter 7

It's been a week since they've talked, Jason had just laughed and ruffled his hair and thanked him so Tim took that as a good sign but it just...

Tim sighs, trying to concentrate on his cases which he is yet to solve and has kept on hold for way too long. He sees a picture of a young man with black hair and gleaming green eyes and his thoughts flicker back to Jason.

"Your love for Todd disgusts me Drake." Damian calls from where he's suiting up for petrol and Tim snaps, ears reddening and glares at the so called demon.

"I don't love him you brat!" Tim hisses and Damian smirks, cruel and sadistic and puts on his domino "You were thinking about him weren't you?"

Tim knows he could've lied, and Damian would leave him alone but the words tumbled out of his mouth before he could even stop them.

"Does that mean I like him?" The room is silent for a second and then booming laughter, uncomfortably similar to Talia's own was heard and Damian clasps a hand over Tim's shoulder "Oh Drake, you know nothing about mutual attraction."

Damian leaves him to his own thoughts after teasing him throughout.

Does he really like Jason like that? Because it just... Doesn't make sense. Jason is a very complicated guy and Tim has never felt attracted to those types of people. Cue Connor Kent. But it's just...

'Dammit' Tim thinks miserably 'I fell for one of the hottest and most complicated dudes in the whole of Gotham.'

Another picture of Jason flashes through his mind and his stomach feels giddy. He groans again and slaps his forehead.

Fuck him.

***

He sees Jason later on petrol, said vigilante is smoking a cigar on a rooftop and Tim feels another burst of unwanted happiness when seeing Jason and he tried to wave it off at first but couldn't stop the light giddiness when Jason smiled at him.

"Hey baby bird." Jason greets and Tim rolls his eyes, snatching the cigar from where it was originally hanging from Jason's mouth and Jason protests, trying to take it back but Tim had already stomped on it "Your such a killjoy."

Jason takes out another one and Tim sighs, giving up cause he knows Jason has dozens more and leans against the roof "What're go doing here Hood, this isn't usually where you petrol." Jason shrugs.

"Maybe I just wanted to meet you. I mean, it's Sunday Timmers, we haven't spoke with each other for over a week." Tim sighs again, rubbing his temple and smiles weakly "Sorry about that Jay, lots of cases which I'm working on right now."

And trying to stop thinking about you goes unspoken and Jason shakes his head with a laugh "I bet you finished them all in an hour."

"Damn right I did." Tim groans, punching Jason playfully when he wouldn't stop snickering "It's not funny, I finished all my coffee which was supposed to last the whole week and now Alfred won't buy me more."

"Then what about coffee tomorrow with me? My treat." Jason offers and Tim flushes red, momentarily thankful for his mask and the darkness which Gotham provided before asking "Like a... date?"

There's silence for a second and Tim almost regrets asking that question but Jason surprisingly says "Sure, I mean, I guess?" Tim can see how flustered Jason is getting and is momentarily smug and boldly swings a hand over his shoulder to kiss his cheek.

"Pick me up at 8 then."

Tim grapples away before he could see Jason's response.