Chapter 4

"I don't like this Tim." Jason finally says on the car drive to the Manor. After a lot of coating and persuasion Jason annoyedly agreed to going for one of the 'Family Dinners'.

"I know that Jay, but can you at least try? I hate seeing you and Dick so tense with each other and --- " "Yeah yeah I get it." Jason snaps and Tim gives him a tight smile in return.

Alfred is there to greet them at the door and Jason all but ignores him, just nodding at the butler before Tim leads him to the living room where Duke playing Poker on his own.

"Hey Jay." Duke gives him a sort of bro hug that Tim can't comprehend "Hey Duke."

It's Damian and Dick who enter next and Damian seems just a tad glad that Jason is here, though he blatantly ignores Tim.

Dick doesn't say anything but offers Jason a hug who glowers at the oldest until he grimaces. Tim sighs.

If Tim thought that Dick and Jason were bad, the moment Bruce walks in Jason and him are verbally abusing each other.

"Stay in my lane my fucking ass Bruce!" Jason growls.

"Jason don't make a scene." "Fine, fuck you."

"Masters dinner is ready." Alfred informs from the doorway and it's Duke and Dick who make a break for the kitchen first.

***

"So..." It's Tim who breaks the awkward silence first and everything seems to fall apart at that moment.

"I...I'm leaving." Jason huffs out, his chair scraping back "I can't do this." Bruce, who is sitting next to his second son, grabs Jason's bicept and looks at him questionably "Why?"

"This ain't my home anymore," Jason winces and Tim who is sitting opposite to Jay rolls his eyes "Jay it's always been your home."

"I think all that home shit was tossed out the window the moment that crowbar hit my skull." He spat back and its dissolved into silence for a second.

"Todd, kindly eat your dinner so we shall all have peace, and then you can run as far as you can from the Manor. We won't call you back." Damian growls, eyes narrowing.

"Damian!" "Shut up Grayson!"

"I'll drop you." Tim promises and Jason sighs and pushes his plate away "I'm not hungry, going to the study." Jason says and he's out.

They all hear the sound of Jason's loud yell of frustration when the room to the study slams close.

"Well... It couldve been worse." Duke shrugs and Dick sighs "I wish that weren't true."

"You guys, are emotionally constipated." Tim takes another forkful of pasta and shoves it in his mouth, forcing himself to chew when Alfred shows up.

"I spotted Master Jason in the study, and I also see he hasn't eaten anything." Alfred points out helpfully and Damian scoffs "We all see that Pennyworth."

"I wanna talk to Jay actually." Dick says, and pokes at his food "He's been so angry with me and you, B, and I hate it. He grins and smirks yeah, but their just so forced and bitter."

"It's not like you don't deserve it." Helena says suddenly before she enters the room herself "You were an asshole to him when he moved in, and that's ironic cause your names Dick, and Dad you may or may not have let him die and not avenged him."

"Hel speaks the truth." Duke says and takes a gulp of water when his sister takes a seat next to him.

"Speaking of truth, I have to go undercover for a few months. Babs assigned something about Albert Kraig, one of those creepy business men, similar to Roman actually, being his sexist self and I have a feeling he has something to do with the Heroin Case." Helena starts, eyes narrowing.

"You mean the guy who got caught smuggling a case of Heroin through the Dubai Airport?" Bruce asks his daughter who nods "The bastard may or may not be supplying Morphine from Europe to Canada." Helena answers.

Tim tunes himself out for the rest of the conversation.

Because for some damn reason...

He can't stop thinking about Jay.