That's what I love about you

"Knock knock." A chirpy little blonde said going through the doors of the most respected businesswoman in National City's office. She wore a genuine warm smile and held Chinese food in her hands.

A CEO sat at her desk, obviously frustrated with something. She glanced up from her laptop in front of her to see her best friend coming through the door. Her serious and concerned face almost instantly turned into a smile.

"Aahh Kara Honey, thank God you're here, I've been needing a distraction."

" Good to know I have some use." Kara replied smiling from ear to ear whilst embracing into a hug with her famous friend. Kara hadn't done much that day, the DEO was quiet so consequently there wasn't much to report. It was also about 9:30 pm so most people had gone home at Catco anyway.

"You know that's not what I meant." Lena said as she released the hug followed by Kara pulling her back in for a kiss.

"So, how is my secret girlfriend doing this fine evening?!" Kara said half jokingly have genuin.

Let's back it up a up to give you a very quick backstory.

------

A few months ago (about 6) Kara and Lena were both in Kara's loft watching a movie late at night on the couch when Kara just suddenly snuggled up to Lena. It took Lena back a sec but then she just let it happen. This is what normal friends do, right? Lena continuously looked down at the cuddling blonde beside her when she mysteriously let out a rather big sigh. Kara immediately sat up and looked at lena with a worried face.

"Is everything alright?" Kara said.
Lena thought about her answer shortly.

"Just thinking about life and everything that comes with it." Her soft voice almost whispered to Kara.

"Well life is a big and complicated thing, it's easy to get caught up in the frustration and confusion it brings with it." Kara replied in a tender and kind manner.
"
Kara, that's, that's a bit deeper than what I'm used to hearing come out of your mouth." Lena's voice was soft and gentle, too caught up in the moment to think about her tone of voice she was using .

"It's funny." Kara said with a seductive voice. Well, seductive to Lena at least. The blonde switches the t.v off with the remote.

"What is?" Lena had a look on her face that was both complete confusion but at the same time so so intrigued at what was about to be said.

Kara leant closer and closer to the green emerald eyes and soft, soft lips upon her friend's face. She paused, faces only centimetres apart, with the same tender-hearted voice uttered,

"How someone as beautiful and strong as you can be so fragile and timid on the inside. An illusion, put there to fool people into thinking that you're this confident and powerful CEO that cannot be harmed or brought down. But Lena Luthor you do not fool me. I see right through you." There was a pause. Lena's body was tense, not only because of what had just been said but was also anticipating what was to come. "You are truly just a poor girl screaming for help but you carry on like nothìng is wrong, you push forward, you do what is needed to be done." Another pause. Kara's voice now a whisper."And that ,Miss. Luthor, is why I love you." The centimetre gap was now no more, filled in by the touching of one set of lips to another. It started off as a tender and soft kiss but it started to turn into something more.

Lena couldn't help it any longer, she knew she had feeling for Kara since the day they met, what a weird meeting that was; Kara somehow awoke in Lena's bed the next morning with Lena wrapped around her. But both had agreed to just forget it ever happened. That was 2 months ago. But that's a story for another time.