Goodbye

Slowly, the old wooden door creaked open. Lena took her first few steps in still holding her daughters hand.

At the back of the room, against a rotting wall, was a bed surrounded by a doctor, 3 maids and medical equipment. A small scratchy voice could be heard from within telling them to move.

Lena's wife and Kids joined Lena by her side. They all watched the crowd leave the room and could now see the frail old woman on the bed clinging onto life. Her face was white, clammy and sweating. Her hair was grey and thin, if you were to just glance quickly over her you would think she was bald.

"You actually came." The woman snarled.

"Hmm." Lena put her one free hand on her hip. " Well, if you put it like that we can just leave." She raised her eyebrow. Lilys face suddenly lit up at the suggestion of going home.

" No." Lillian said reaching her hand out. " I want you to stay." She hung her head. Lily's face dropped again. So much for going home.

"So you're begging me now huh." Lena smirked. Kara knew Lena had gone into Luthor mode. It happened everytime she was around her mother or Lex. She would get defensive and witty and push her limits to see if she could break them. The only problem is, the two original Luthors had exactly the same attitude. Well, Lex used to. It's hard being witty when you're dead. You can thank Lena for that. 3 rounds. 2 in the heart, 1 in the head.

Kara shuffled her two boys over towards the corner of the room to get them away from this side of their mother. Once they were there she quickly scuttled back over, grabbed lily and pulled her away. All whilst still letting Lena and Lillian bicker. The Mother and adult daughter went back and forth a few times before Kara had to step in.

"You two need to stop it." Kara spoke firmly but also still caring, like how she sometimes does with the kids. "Your childish bickering is not solving anything."

"Supergirl." Lillian greeted the kryptonian. Her deadpan voice reminded her that some things never change.

"Hello Lillian." Kara gave a little wave.

"I see you're still as excessively chipper as always." Lillian stated.

" Well someone has to be." She smiled.

"Why?" Lillian asked. "I've been nothing but a bitch to you. I tried to kill you."

Kara awkwardly chuckled. She rubbed the back of her neck. "And kidnapped my kids." She stated.

"Come here." Lillian ordered. Kara took a step forward before Lena stook out her hand to stop Kara. The blonde gave her wife a reassuring look which convinced her to let Kara go. The kryptonian made her way to the side of her Mother in Laws bed. She crouched down beside her to match her height. "I have done so much to you. I've hated you, superman and all other aliens this whole time yet you are still nice to me. Why?" The older woman asked.

Kara thought for a bit before looking up at Lillian. " I lost everything as a child. My mother, My father, my friends, my entire planet. I was sent away without a choice and was sent with a mission to protect my cousin. When I got here Clark was already all grown up and didn't need my protection. I was relieved at first because it meant that I didn't have that big of responsibility but then I realised I was still left with this need to protect and look after people. It was like a mission I still needed to complete. As I grew up that was always at the front of my mind. Protect. That's why I became supergirl actually. My sister was on a plane that was going down so I knew I needed to save the plane and protect her from harm. From that day on I was the city's protector."

"Unfortunately, with the arrivals of the fortrazz inmates, my aunt and uncle, the daximites, Reign and the rest of the rogue aliens I've taken in over the years, it paints a picture that ALL aliens are bad. It's all just alien on alien and we're all fighting a civil war between us and ruining this planet. I have to admit I have left quite a bit of mess after some of my fights. That's what you see. You just see the big fights going on in the middle of the city where destruction and mania is caused."