Countdown

" Thank you for all of this." Kara said as she took a sip from her hot drink. She cuddled up in the corner of the couch with her drink kept close to her and a blanket rested on her lap.

" Don't worry about it." The male figure said sitting down next to the emotional girl. " I'm always here for you Kara." Cocoa suddenly sprayed out of her mouth as she choked on his words but quickly regained composure. " Everything alright?"

" Yep totally, the drink just burnt my mouth." Kara wasn't totally lying, it was quite hot. It even burnt her tongue.

James scrunched his eyebrows in suspicion. "Kara you can't get burnt."

" I guess you're having an affect on me."

" They do say I'm a ladies man." He said winking and smiling at Kara.

Kara couldn't help but return the smile. She knew what he did to her was horrible but she forgot how much James actually made her laugh, made her happy, cheered her up when she was down and most of all how much of a goof he actually was.

" You know what I mean." Kara exclaimed throwing a pillow at him.

They chatted about some very random stuff for a while longer. It felt so normal but also so wierd to Kara. I mean this man had gone from threatening her and invading her privacy to comforting and caring for her in less then 24 hours.

She was still curled up in the corner and James had one leg bent and rested on the sofa and one arm leant against the back cushion and his head was rested in that hand. They had been talking about random topics like movies, tv and the work gossip for the last 30 minutes.

Over the few years Kara had known James she had come to realise how much he was actually like another girl in the way he loved to know the gossip and bassically chat shit. Kara found it quite amusing to be honest.

"Did you hear that Cat spent like 500k on champagne alone last year?" James asked amused.

"Heard it? I was the one who had to order it."

"No way." James said throwing his head back laughing.

"I'll tell you this, it made me feel so poor. It made my bank account feel like it should have had tumble weed in it." Kara's voice was now a whisper, alsomst as if she was worried someone was going to hear her. "After a while I just clicked on the most expensive one and hoped it worked."

"Really? What else did she have you buy for her."

" Food, clothes, alcohol, clothes, I legit bought her a boat once, more clothes." she listed on her fingers.

"How did you keep this a secret? " His voice now joined Kara's in a sort of whisper.

Kara ducked her head lower like someone does when they're trying not to get caught. " She made me sign an NDA."

James's faces went down to the same level as Kara's as they both sniggered on his couch.

" How long was that NDA supposed to last for?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Shit." Kara said bringing a hand to her mouth whilst she still chuckled. " Pinky promise me you won't tell anyone."

"Ok."

" No seriously, I mean it." She stuck out her pinky finger waiting for an agreement.

James suffled towards Kara so he was able to wrap his own pinky around Kara's and shake." Of course. "

They were both silent for numerous moments before James broke it. " So you wanna tell me why you're here?"

Kara didn't even process anything fully before replying. "  walked in on Lena and another girl kissing."