I

➳ i'm staying up, i don't wanna come down from your love

➳ we'll get lost together, let me fall 

rain fell outside. glancing at himself in the mirror once more, SEO CHANGBIN sighed. he couldn't pretend to be a vampire - fake fangs were annoying. he couldn't pretend to be a dryad - he didn't have freckles, and wasn't going to draw them on in case they got smudged. he couldn't pretend to be an angel or demon - where was he supposed to get fake wings from in a small town? he wasn't growing his hair to look like a werewolf, and he certainly wasn't going to cut his tongue in half to look like a gorgon. there was no way he'd be able to paint his skin grey, gold, or blue to be an oread, sphinx, or naiad, before school every day. and he could never be as attractive as a siren.

but he couldn't be himself, either. 

in seoul, non-humans weren't viewed as equals. they weren't allowed to marry humans, and were segregated in schools, workplaces, and every other possible place. but in tancheon, there were no humans. it wasn't like humans weren't allowed to live there - it was just an allocated city for the "monsters" (a term humans used and non-humans despised) that nobody except them liked to live in. 

so what was seo changbin doing in tancheon? his parents had moved to tokyo. they had never had the best relationship as both of them worked full-time and were rather busy managing the famous company they owned. rather than stay alone in seoul, although he was technically of the age to be able to do that, they had insisted that he move to live with his distant relative KIM HYUNAH. she was a vampire, and was constantly over at her boyfriend's house. he didn't know why his parents even bothered to send him to live there considering the fact that she was barely home except for the short periods of time where she broke up with KIM HYOJONG and couldn't sleep there anymore. 

he didn't want to live in tancheon. he didn't even like hyunah - she threatened to bite him way too much. non-humans hated humans, and they had good reason to. but changbin wasn't like that. as a child he'd always been fascinated by them. who cared if some of them had gills?

stepping out of the apartment door, he walked down the stairs, shoes hitting the steps lightly. he couldn't change anything. he was just going to have to be him, a human. 

and if they hated him for it, that would be fine.