IV

➳ i gotta let you know

➳ that i need to let you go

'hey, hyunjin. what's up?'

'okay so i'm lowkey freaking out right now - scratch that, highkey freaking - because it's snowing really hard and we still have to go to school but i left my warm jacket at my dad's house.'

'come on, jin, it's not such a disaster if you get cold.'

'it is.'

'it isn't.'

hyunjin let out a frustrated groan through the phone. he was pacing around his room.

'it is! i...' he paused for a moment. it was stupid that he was embarrassed in the first place to tell changbin, but the boy was human and he still wasn't comfortable discussing non-human things with him. 'whenit'scoldmybodycan'thandleitandigetreallysick.'

'huh?'

the black-haired boy sighed. 'when it's cold i get sick. i'm a half-demon, remember? i'm supposed to stay warm, because of the fires of hell or whatever.'

'oh, right. well, i'll meet you outside school and you can have one of my sweaters.'

'really? thanks, bin.'

'no problem.'

[ ➳ ]

HWANG HYUNJIN paced for the second time that day. his friend was late, and he was freezing to death. people who were hanging around outside before classes started gave him weird glances - he had summoned a ball of fire and put it on his hands, not worrying about his clothes since they were fireproof. the fire did little to warm him up - the fire he created could only burn others, not him. he was nervous about what would happen when his new friend arrived. since he was already cold, he didn't know if he'd be able to control himself.

a familiar figure ran out from the side of a building, moving towards the shivery non-human.

'oh my god, jin, i'm so sorry i'm late.' he handed the hoodie to hyunjin and the younger boy pulled it over his head, albeit with a little struggle as his horns stuck on the material. the hoodie, pastel blue with the nasa logo on the front, smelled like SEO CHANGBIN, and he loved it.

'it's okay. wait, what happened to your face?'

changbin felt around his eye for a second, as if he'd forgotten, before his eyes widened and he snapped his arm back to down by his side. 'it's nothing.'

meanwhile, hyunjin was feeling incredibly guilty. he knew he should probably tell him before it was too late, but he just couldn't bring himself to do it.

and then, he snapped.

the other noticed straight away. 'hey, are you okay?' in just a second, the half-breed's eyes had turned from their usual coal black to an alluring, bright rose shade. his wings weren't folded anymore, and they were extended upwards slightly. changbin realized just how big his wings really were and gulped.

'seo changbin.' his previous smile was replaced by a teasing smirk. the school bell had rung a minute ago. they were alone in the courtyard. 'you're so innocent. don't you remember i'm half siren, too?' the large black wings sprouting out of his back suddenly expanded and encircled the two of them, causing changbin to stumble forwards, almost falling on his "friend". 'you've got two answers to this question, just pick one.' he moved closer to changbin, who was frozen on the spot. he leaned down slightly so their eyes met. 'do you want to kiss me. yes, or yes?'

the brunet's answer was neither of the two. 'i'm taking you to the school nurse.'