X

➳ where there is hope

➳ there are trials

for someone who didn't get very good grades, HWANG HYUNJIN did a lot of thinking. the children's playground was empty except for a few children that wouldn't wonder why a boy was sitting all alone on the rusty swing set.

why did he run?

maybe this was another one of those instances where he got confused. that happened a lot, according to his mother - being half-demon, his moral compass was apparently corrupted. they'd been trying to do lessons on what was right and wrong, but they hadn't had any success so far.

hyunjin thought it was perfectly reasonable to give him an honesty rune without his knowledge to get him to confirm his crush...

well, now that he really thinks about it... cringing, he remembers the lessons.

he took his phone out of his pocket. dialing SEO CHANGBIN's number, he looked out to the sea.

ring, ring.

ring, ring.

[ ➳ ]

ring, ring.

changbin didn't pick up the phone. he knew that if he did, he'd only end up saying something stupid he didn't mean and hurting hyunjin's feelings. even if the other was apologizing, he wouldn't answer.

he wouldn't answer, he told himself, as the phone rang for the fifth time in a row.

he wouldn't answer, he told himself, as he stared at the funny photo of his friend he'd set as the profile picture.

he wouldn't answer, he told himself, as he grabbed the phone from his bed and hovered his finger above the button.

maybe he would answer, just to see what hyunjin had to say-

and suddenly the phone stopped ringing. changbin waited patiently for another call, but none came. sighing, he curled into a ball, holding the phone to his chest.

he didn't answer the phone.