XXVI

➳ you're my everything

➳ we are a match

he didn't want to see them. part of him still didn't believe it, but he knew it was true. LEE FELIX didn't want to see his boyfriends.

his rehabilitation in hospital had lasted a few days, and neither of the boys were allowed in to see him. it was only when he was released from hospital that they realized it wasn't medical protocol keeping them from seeing him - it was felix himself.

HWANG HYUNJIN had stopped asking his mother where the redhead went a few days ago. now he just lay around, binge-watching shows on netflix (yes, he was still watching, stupid laptop) and being sad. SEO CHANGBIN took a more useful approach to the situation. he'd always wanted an excuse to pin things to a cork-board and connect it with string like in a murder mystery, and now he had one. they didn't know exactly what happened that morning, but the human had been piecing things together.

clue 1: felix's foster father was in jail. the news article specified that he'd committed dryad/faerie-species crimes - further research led changbin to a lot of writing in an archaic language, which he didn't bother to translate.

clue 2: the hospital treatment was for amnesia. that explained the 'who am i' and 'where am i' questions that the boy kept asking. was it connected to his father? maybe - changbin thought so.

clue 3: felix had gone somewhere. they didn't know where or when, but SANG SOYOUNG did. unfortunately, she was stubbornly refusing to tell them. she did tell them that he didn't want to be followed, which was probably why she didn't tell them - they would go and find him if she did.

changbin was lying on the couch, his head in hyunjin's lap. the younger boy was playing with strands of his hair, and he would be lying if he said it didn't feel nice, but it was probably more for hyunjin's benefit than it was for him. the boy was barely eating and drinking, and no matter how hard he and his mother tried to make him feel better, he didn't smile.

something started to vibrate on the coffee table. changbin didn't know whose phone it was, but he answered it anyway, and the pieces of string and the pictures pinned to the stupid old cork-board didn't matter because the missing boy was back.

hyunjin's missing boy.

his missing boy.