VI

➳ we don't need those words from that time

➳ we don't pay no mind

'he's perfect.'

'you do know that most of your "perfect" guys are straight, right?' his mother said, cocking an eyebrow.

'still. he's perfect, and adorable, and accepts me for being a half-breed even though he's human, but i've royally fucked things up.'

HWANG HYUNJIN sat cross-legged on his bed, hugging a pillow. his mother was sitting on the end of his bed, hair messy, dark wings outstretched, flopping on the bedspread. she was a therapist, and the two always talked whenever either of them had a problem.

'you always fuck things up, jin.'

'gee, thanks. but, like, we nearly kissed.'

'you what?'

'i got too cold and i switched and went all siren. and then i basically just asked him if he wanted to kiss me, then he said he was going to take me to the nurse, then i blacked out.'

'well that's a rollercoaster ride.'

'no shit.'

'is he angry at you?'

'well, i don't think so. he said he understood, and forgave me.'

'what were his exact words?'

'he said that it was fine, and that he enjoyed it.'

SANG SOYOUNG squealed loudly. 'devil's tail, you're so oblivious, for a half-siren!' hyunjin raised an eyebrow, waiting for her to explain. 'he enjoyed it. enjoyed almost kissing.'

it took him a second before he, too, squealed. 'i thought he was straight! he gave me serious no homo vibes, you know, like frat boys and shit. oh, fuck, i think i'm going to die. satan take me.' he put a hand to the back of his head dramatically.

'dude, lucy will legit come up and bitch-slap you if you call him satan one more time.'

'meh. now i can finally make a move on binnie!'