Luke Hemmings: lifeguard

Australia, home sweet home.

I grabbed on tighter onto my surfboard and I walked faster to the ocean. The sun was beating down on me but it didn't take away my concentration for one second. I was eager to surf again, it's been two seasons of just staying low and I just missed it.

I threw the board onto the warm water and leaned over to lay on it once I was waist deep. When I was stable on the board, I started to use my arms as paddles to get closer to the waves. I moved faster as I saw I was just in time for the perfect one.

I stand on the board and ride the wave as I let out a laugh after a sigh of content. I missed surfing with a passion. It's something that I've been doing since the age of five and it calmed me.

I rode a few more waves, waiting for the big one that was reported. It was safe to ride but obviously they never recommend doing it.

I dive into the ocean as I see the tall wave come closer. I gulp down my nerves and stand on the board quickly. It wasn't as smooth as the other waves and it started to feel as if I was on a plane that had turbulence.

I leaned forward towards the wave but regretted it when the wave took in my hand. I flipped forward and into the wave, drowning as I wasn't prepared to breathe in oxygen. I shut down my breathing as the the wave continued to throw me back and forth in the water and into the deep and scary ocean. I tried to push myself up to the air but the after math I've the big wave still left the water kicking and punching me underwater.

And I lost consciousness. Who saw that one coming. Good job, y/n. Honestly. Now let's see who's going to come and find you. Well it's a good thing the wave took your board to shore and the beach wasn't empty. Oh dear lord...

_____________________

"C'mon!! Spit it out! C'mon!" I hear a man groaning as I start to feel pressure on my chest. With a final push on my chest, I automatically get control over my body and throw my hands up, turning one way to cough out the water.

All I can feel is salt water coming out like vomit with no chunks in it. I cough and cough, feeling a large hand pat me on the back. "It's okay, just get it out of your system," the man, pat my back as he lets out his own breaths as he tried to save me.

"Jesus, what happened?" I ask rolling on my back and notice that the sun is setting. "You got caught in the wave and spent three minutes underwater. Didn't you read that the wave wasn't recommended to ride on?" he man lectures me. "I've surfed bigger waves, I just made the wrong move today." I answered back. Then i look around in realization and panic. "Where is my board?!" I start to freak out as I stand up with a bit of weakness as I started to stumble. "It didn't make it." He says twitching his mouth in awkwardness.

"What?! No, no ,no, no, no!" I scramble getting up and look to the ocean. I kick the sand in anger but fall back as I lose balance. I waited for the impact but never felt it as I started to feel wrap around under my armpits. "I'm joking. Surprisingly it did make it. It's by my stand, lets go." He says standing me up and patting my back, before he walks to the right and ahead of me.

I start to notice how handsome he really is. He had dark blonde locks in a man bun. His back was sculpted to perfection and I knew he worked out and or surfed too. And his ass was big too...

"Heard that." he turns around and smirks. "And thanks, I do work hard for these buns." he says turning back around as I felt embarrassed. I blush furiously and walk behind him, minding no attention to his said buns.

"Here it is.." he says catching my attention as he points to my board.

"Thank you. This means a lot. And thank you for saving me. You're a brave soul. Let me pay you back in a way." I say giving him my school girl grin as I clasp my hands together. "How?" he asks as he sexily pats down my board.

"Let me take you out for dinner..." "Luke.." he smiles as he reaches his hand out to shake mine. "Y/n," I smile back.