Billie Jean

I sent a text to CJ letting him know I was outside. As I pulled into the driveway there was no cars outside the house. It looked like no one was at home.

"Alright here I come" He sends back to me. I sat there eating my ChickFilA nuggets just waiting on him to walk out the house. I was starving so the nuggets was definitely hitting the spot right now.

The door opened and a girl walks out and then CJ. Ummm.

The closer they got, the more I recognized the girl

The closer they got, the more I recognized the girl. It was Sania. CJ walked over to the passenger side of the car and then got inside while Sania got in the backseat.

"Hey"  CJ greets as he buckles his seatbelt. "Hi" I reply. There was an awkward silence in the car. I couldn't pull off because I didn't know where I was going so it was about time for him to start talking.

"So...what's up?" I ask looking at him raising an eyebrow at him. I looked back at Sania and she breaks eye contact by looking out the window. Their silence was driving me crazy.

"Don't all speak at once" I say rolling my eyes. Neither one of them said anything and I was becoming frustrated.

"She's pregnant" He tells me.

"Christian" I sigh putting my face in my hands. CJ has his whole life ahead of him. He has recruiters looking for him to play football in college. He's smart as hell so he should have known better than to be out here fucking without protection.

"So where are we going?" I asked him.

"Planned Parenthood" CJ tells me.

Oh.

She's getting an abortion.

I didn't want to say I was relieved but I just couldn't picture my baby brother having his own child right now. But I also knew how sensitive this subject was so I wanted to make sure they knew what they were doing.

"Is that what you want?" I ask her trying to read her face. I wanted to make sure this wasn't something Christian was forcing her to do. She nods her head, "I can't have a baby right now. I just can't. My mom would kill me"

"And you're okay with this?" I ask looking at CJ.

"It's her body. If that's what she wanna do then it's whatever" He shrugs his shoulders. I start up the car and pull out the driveway.

This was a big step they were about to make. Once they do it, there's no going back.

There was so much stuff I wanted to say to CJ right now but I couldn't because Sania was in the car.  Once we made it I didn't even go inside with them I just sat in the car for what seemed like forever. I was still in awe that he got this girl pregnant.

When they got back in the car it was dead silent no one said a word. She gave me her address and I dropped her off at her house.

CJ and I drove in silence just listening to music. I didn't want to lecture him about this because I was happy that he actually felt comfortable telling me this.